Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss danger notification? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gpz900jim

I went to a job today, the light circuit was protected by a mcb but no RCD. All of the light fittings and switches were metal. I told the house owner that she would be well advised to have an rcd fitted. She didnt seem too bothered. Would it be a bit over the top to issue a danger notification?

I went to a job today, the light circuit was protected by a mcb but no RCD. All of the light fittings and switches were metal. I told the house owner that she would be well advised to have an rcd fitted. She didnt seem too bothered. Would it be a bit over the top to issue a danger notification?

You say all the fittings were metal, was there a CPC present in the lighting circuit???

as des and lenny. if cpc present and no danger, why ??

if there is no CPC, then IMO yopu are right to issue danger notification. even if you were to rectify that tommoprow morning, in the meantime, a latent fault may cause miss smith to grow an afro, and you might be blamed. cover yourslef mate.

all IMO

you should put your concerns in writing to the customer. all depends on how much of a danger you see it as.

Reply to danger notification? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. Sort of an interesting one. I had a call from a client to say she is getting a shock when using the shower. I told her not to use it and...
Replies
Views
My kitchen has track lighting. It consists of three halogen light bulbs. I've had the fixture for more than 25 years with no issues. Last night...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am changing the electric shower in a bathroom refurbishment (my own) and just wanted to ask about the mcb rating. The existing shower was...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
I'm not sure what's going on with my kitchen light. I've replaced an old 28W CFL fitting with a new 4 x LED GU10 fitting (a cheap one from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock