Discuss Decking lights in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
Old man wants me to replace the 8x recessed lights we have on our decking. They were cheap and leaked water constantly tripping the rcd, so they got disconnected!

Got an swa from a 6a spur from indoors running under the decking to a IP rated adaptable box then from there its got this blue 'hi-tough' flex? looping to each of the 8x lights

It appears their either mains (cant see any transformers) -unless they are actually inside the light fitting itself

The holes cut in the decking are 4in/100mm

Basically I have been struggling to find 100m mains recessed lights for decking

Any recommendations (price isn't much of an issue......he is paying ;)

most come with fly lead and use adaptable box without breaking ip rating fixing it or i think the best ones is with 2 glands in and out...

- - - Updated - - -

a file ........

thats how they are wired atm, two stuffing glands loop in and out, thats why I wanted mains, so I dont have transformers to cover up etc

I would steer clear of gu10 outside light fittings, condensation builds up on the bases of the gu10 then the tripping begins ;). I now only put in totally sealed LED units.

Reply to Decking lights in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello I have recently moved home and I looking to upgrade lighting across the house to LED. In the kitchen I have found that there is installed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a light in the under stairs cupboard which is controlled by a switch in the hall. The under stairs cupboard is being taken...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an antique light fitting that for some reason she wants putting up (can't say I love it haha) however it didn't come with any...
Replies
Views
I’m after some advice/info on adding some outdoor lighting to some new decking. I plan to install an outdoor weatherproof socket and then add...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, today I experienced a near death electric shock. This happened on a single phase domestic property! I was carrying out a few...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock