Discuss Distance learning course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi I've got
black ecs card senior manager
gold ecs card
electrcal fitter
radio/tv electrician
maintenance electrician
installation electrician
on the back of the card
recognised apprentiship
svq level 3
Select 17th edition iet wiring regs 2011
sjib 16th inspection and testing 2005
Heath and safety scheme

Hi I've got
black ecs card senior manager
gold ecs card
electrcal fitter
radio/tv electrician
maintenance electrician
installation electrician
on the back of the card
recognised apprentiship
svq level 3
Select 17th edition iet wiring regs 2011
sjib 16th inspection and testing 2005
Heath and safety scheme

what's the the OP about then? as by the looks of things you are already above this.

The black card means nothing. I'm only a electrician and not an approved electrician as I never sat the aca test and shown statement of experience etc after 2 years of passing my trade test ?

Don't have any off those codes ? Not sure if its different in Scotland. All my qualifications listed above are from my trade test apart from the update course

Don't have any off those codes ? Not sure if its different in Scotland. All my qualifications listed above are from my trade test apart from the update course

Maybe it is different here then. The current criteria here for an approved electrician JIB card you need an nvq3 plus a inspection&testing qualification such as my previous post or the EAL equivalent.

When did you finish your apprenticeship ? The 2391, 2394 + 2395 are all City and Guilds electrical testing and inspection qualifications. Guys who completed their apprenticeship prior to 1995 just need to show that they have completed an ecs h+s test and one of the following within the last 5 years
SELECT Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations
 SELECT Design and Verification of Electrical Installations
 SQA [SELECT] Customised Award in Initial Verification
 SQA [SELECT] Customised Award in Inspection and Testing, including Periodic Inspection
 SQA [SELECT] Tailored Award in Design and Verification of Electrical Installations
 City and Guilds Electrical Installations, Inspection and Testing (2391)
 City and Guilds Initial and Fundamental Inspection and Testing (2394)
 City and Guilds Design and Verification (2400)  City and Guilds Design, Erection and Verification (2396

The C&G 2391 is discontinued and now you need the 2394/5 instead.

If you are in UNITE Glasgow branch you can do the Regs (2385) and the Testing (2395) for free through the union. ONLY open to UNITE members Glasgow branch - Good qualifications and saves you about £1000.

Started the course and it's going ok. Looking for help with a couple of questions for my project (car garage)
1-list the documentation you would expect to complete in order to satisfy the quality requirements and bs7671
just installation test sheets ?
2-effects of earth fault loop impedance for the folowing
A-a loose phase conductor at the car ramp isolator
B-a build up of corrosion at the db
C- the wrong type of Mcb
b and c are ok just a ?

You would need to provide a bit more detail in your answers.
List the documentation for 1. You would also need to tell us what you are doing in order to specify the required paperwork.

2. Specify what changes would occur for each option: would the EFLI go up, go down, be out of range etc.

The project is a new build car garage with a office / reception / canteen
12 ramps etc. Full lighting and power ( emergency lighting ) not allowed for. So I'm thinking
electrical installation test certificate and db drawings/ chart
a-would stay the same
b-higher efli
c-if the efli is higher than the mcb can handle it will not operate correctly under fault condition ?

New build so total compliance with building and wiring regulations with no relaxations.
Construction, design and management regulations should also come into this.
Therefore a health and safety file inclusion for the electrical work, instructions on how to use equipment, Electrical installation certificate, schedule of test results, schedule of inspections, a building regulations compliance certificate (for England and Wales at least) must be forthcoming.
Sorry I do not know enough about the Scottish requirements to detail the approved documents for Scotland's building regulations, warrants, etc.

a a loose connection tends to give intermittent or higher resistance results
b corrosion reduces the effectiveness of an electrical connection and will raise the resistance
c different types of MCBs (B, C, D) have significantly different levels of EFLI required to meet the disconnection time required soa wrong type of MCB will probably not comply (unless you are going down from D to C or C to B, etc.)

I would like to knows what the course is, there is a lot of in-house courses out there.
Is courses I give you a bit of paper for turning up, normally real basic levels.
They must use a QCF coding system,
Do you have a link to the cource ?

Reply to Distance learning course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net