Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just been sent these from a friend. Plasterer had been asked to go and make good the ceiling. 😳😳

Seems the ‘electrician’ told the old dear that it was the only way to do it because it was a flat roof. Basically taking advantage of her. 🤬🤬

She’s now left with a hefty bill for a suspended ceiling to be done or get another electrician to rectify.

View attachment 98426View attachment 98427View attachment 98428View attachment 98429View attachment 98430
I think the biggest mistake made was in not using white cable and hiding her glasses.

Last edited:
Just been sent these from a friend. Plasterer had been asked to go and make good the ceiling. 😳😳

Seems the ‘electrician’ told the old dear that it was the only way to do it because it was a flat roof. Basically taking advantage of her. 🤬🤬

She’s now left with a hefty bill for a suspended ceiling to be done or get another electrician to rectify.

View attachment 98426View attachment 98427View attachment 98428View attachment 98429View attachment 98430
WHY? Why would anyone do this? I'm genuinely struggling to see how someone could have done a job this badly.

WHY? Why would anyone do this? I'm genuinely struggling to see how someone could have done a job this badly.

Something odd here. The wall has been chased and filled. Why would they bother to do that if they were going to chuck the rest of the length on the surface of the ceiling? Maybe the plan was for a dropped ceiling in the first place?

Something odd here. The wall has been chased and filled. Why would they bother to do that if they were going to chuck the rest of the length on the surface of the ceiling? Maybe the plan was for a dropped ceiling in the first place?
Apparently the electrician told the old dear that she would have to have a suspended ceiling as there was ‘nowhere to run the cables’ with it being a flat roof ext.

Which as we all know is bo**cks as there is still a ceiling void.

I'm literally flabbergasted at this work. I'm lost for words.

Just been sent these from a friend.
I couldn't ever even imagine attempting to carry out work like that. If the flat roof was that much of an issue it would be better to just pull the ceiling down, wire it and then fit new boards. Who would want to try and batten over all that lot now anyway?! Wrecked the nice coving too.

I've just looked at those photos again, that wiring is so offensive!!!1!1!!

1654844532552.png

How do you get through joists with this method? Is the strip big enough to get a drill in?
Alternative, though not very nice, method is you cut a chase in the plasterboard across each joist. You then fish across between the joists, drop under one using the slot, then fish across the next gap, and so on. Then you're left with a row of smallish holes to fill in.

In that situation I’d go with @LewisM, bite the bullet and cut 2-3 big wide strips out with the multi and then just put em back up and charge for a ceiling skim to make good 👍🏻

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock