Discuss domestic burglar alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

amckay

My cousin has just moved house and the new house has an existing alarm. They have cats who roam the house during the day while they are at work and fear the current alarm will activate because of the cats. Is the solution just as simple as changing the pir's to pet tolerant pir's?
The alarm is an ADE optima compact.
Thanks

in a word, yes. pet tolerant PIRs will accept a pet up to 40lbs in body weight without activating.

by this formula:

w = (z x d x k)/p

where w is the weight, z is the number of zones the PIR has, d is the distance from PIR to opposite corner of room, k is the ambient temp. in kelvi, and p is the number of times the cat pi$$es in the house while you're out.

A bigger creature consumes more energy/second than a smaller one.
Therefore, it will radiate more energy, so Trev is right, PIRs are indirectly weighing the creatures roaming around!

I always advise pet tolerant PIRs , the last job the lady had goldfish , so for the extra £500 quid she was grateful I recommended these:39:

LOL...some funny answers here...Pet pir`s are ok, as long as the animal doesn`t jump all over the furniture. Dillb..the pir is made up of small active lens, aprox 18 on the bottom, 12 on the next line, 5 on the next and etc. The pir cleverly pictures the amount of active lens sense infra red heat.
So if only 2 are active on the bottom line, then its ignored as an animal ...4 bottom line 3 next line etc, would be classed as an upright human, and trigger alarm.

LOL...some funny answers here...Pet pir`s are ok, as long as the animal doesn`t jump all over the furniture. Dillb..the pir is made up of small active lens, aprox 18 on the bottom, 12 on the next line, 5 on the next and etc. The pir cleverly pictures the amount of active lens sense infra red heat.
So if only 2 are active on the bottom line, then its ignored as an animal ...4 bottom line 3 next line etc, would be classed as an upright human, and trigger alarm.

Thats my experience, they work better with dogs than cats IMHO.

Reply to domestic burglar alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net