Discuss Electric towel radiators in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Exsparks

I am thinking of fitting an electric towel radiator in my bathroom.
After checking Regs, I find that I can't fit an electric towel radiator within Zone 2.
I.e. no closer than 6oomm from my shower enclosure.
Am I correct?
There is no wall space in the bathroom outside Zone 2 that I could fit the electric towel radiator

I have now found a supplier that states that the electric towel radiators they supply can be fitted in Zones 2 & 3.
Can any one confirm that this could be possible, please.

Surely any electric radiators are fixed appliances?

Any help will be much appreciated.

The technical details are as follows.

• Flat model, ladder design, 300 watt / 1024 BTU, 24 cross tubes
  • Adjustable Projection from wall 83mm to 109mm. Chrome plated brackets and fixings are included. No valves are required. Comes with 1 metre cable.
  • Comes with a 2 year guarantee
  • Complies with all UK regulations and suitable for Zone 2 & Zone 3
  • Chrome Plating Spec BS EN12450  Fe//Cu40/Ni15b/Crr. Tested to 13 bar. 30 mm x 40 mm x 1.5 mm  D profile Collectors.
I hope this helps

I suppose its location will be dictated by its IP rating and the IP rating of whatever you are connecting it to, which I assume will be a fused spur.

Showers & shower pumps, extractor fans, electric towel rails, whirlpool units, water heaters, lights and SELV or PELV equipment not exceeding 25v ac or 60v dc are permitted in zone 1. All equipment must be fixed and permanently connected. The SELV or PELV transformer and isolator must be outside zones 0, 1 & 2. 701.55

Reply to Electric towel radiators in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net