Discuss Electrical priciple assignment in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

For my esteemed EF colleagues: I am now in dialogue with Zaprinski in the PM area. He has sent me all his answers to the questions he has completed which I am reading through and commenting on - not doing for him.
Generally the presentation of his answers is very good. Some silly mistakes and some misunderstandings but for his stage of education and training I think he is 'up with the hunt'. We are working through a better understanding by him of phasors and how they can be used to present ac quantities and how to correctly label, interpret and construct them.

For my esteemed EF colleagues: I am now in dialogue with Zaprinski in the PM area. He has sent me all his answers to the questions he has completed which I am reading through and commenting on - not doing for him.
Generally the presentation of his answers is very good. Some silly mistakes and some misunderstandings but for his stage of education and training I think he is 'up with the hunt'. We are working through a better understanding by him of phasors and how they can be used to present ac quantities and how to correctly label, interpret and construct them.
Good man @marconi

For my EF colleagues: In #1 Q4a the question asks the candidate to work out the magnitude of the neutral current in an unbalanced 3 phase 4 wire unbalanced system.

Could those that have been to college recently and used phasors and the geometrical method tell me whether the candidate is expected to show on his/her phasor diagram that In is in antiphase to L1 + L2 + L3? (cf Kirchoff's first law).

Or are the examiners content that the resultant current phasor L1 + L2 + L3 has been constructed geometrically correctly?

Last edited:
In #1 Q4a the question asks the candidate to work out the magnitude of the neutral current in an unbalanced 3 phase 4 wire unbalanced system.
I don’t know , but I understand know
Could those that have been to college recently and used phasors and the geometrical method tell me whether the candidate is expected to show on his/her phasor diagram that In is in antiphase to L1 + L2 + L3?

Or are the examiners content that the resultant current phasor L1 + L2 + L3 has been constructed geometrically correctly?

I don’t know but I understand geometry, how to work out , neutral current, In but spend lots time for this question.
Some my people in the College, they pay someone to do Assignment.
I need to help but , When my tutor ask where the get from answers???

I don’t know but I understand geometry, how to work out , neutral current, In but spend lots time for this question.
Some my people in the College, they pay someone to do Assignment.
I need to help but , When my tutor ask where the get from answers???

You have set yourself up for another question! I thought we agreed we both needed a break :)

If In is actually (and it is) in antiphase to L1 + L2 + L3 draw the phasor for it on your last diagram that you sent me.

You have set yourself up for another question! I thought we agreed we both needed a break :)

If In is actually (and it is) in antiphase to L1 + L2 + L3 draw the phasor for it on your last diagram that you sent me.
This is part my question???
You give me extra work ???????
I turn off my laptop now , but later maybe thinking about ???

For my EF colleagues: In #1 Q4a the question asks the candidate to work out the magnitude of the neutral current in an unbalanced 3 phase 4 wire unbalanced system.

Could those that have been to college recently and used phasors and the geometrical method tell me whether the candidate is expected to show on his/her phasor diagram that In is in antiphase to L1 + L2 + L3? (cf Kirchoff's first law).

Can't answer directly, but the question asks for magnitude, so I would assume the phasor is merely used for the analysis, the magnitude itself would be identical for the neutral and phase addition.

I nearly done half assignment.???

Attachments

• B709F496-AAD7-4671-B780-956E3394283C.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 17
  • C8F7E542-76B7-4690-9E2F-3DA0A723F823.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 25824A96-08D2-4FD2-98F4-5D89BF0C5B61.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 13
  • A647114E-6258-46F3-A4A1-0F36DD126D1D.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 57077751-99E3-4217-8C1F-C2611E7146AC.jpeg
    4.8 KB · Views: 21
Nice one Zaprinski.

No worries mate , But if people still think I’m lazy or I wanna just copying paste , this not me.?????
I’m always working hard , And listening everyone, some lads here take on ---- .
Made good things, make people happy , one day , everything should back to you .

For the amusement of all those EF members wanting something to think about:

Look at the OPs paper and Q4a. An unbalanced set of currents. How could you simplify this phasor diagram to two phasors straightaway? And then find the resultant of these two? Post your work :cool:

Look at the OPs paper and Q4a. An unbalanced set of currents. How could you simplify this phasor diagram to two phasors straightaway? And then find the resultant of these two? Post your work :cool:

I believe you can use SOHCAHTOA (specifically CAH) to combine two that would greatly simplify the diagram, and the numbers are nice too. I'm thinking L2 and L3.

For the amusement of all those EF members wanting something to think about:

After giving the question ALOT of consideration I’ve come to the conclusion that I’d probably beg and plead with yourself and or @Lucien Nunes for help ?

Reply to Electrical priciple assignment in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net