Discuss Electricians Arms in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

KevinS

How do you get into the electricians arms if you are not self employed, and unable to send details of your business.
cheers Kevin

You state you are not self Employed but are you a partner or likewise in a Business? If you feel you qualify for the requirements to enter the Arms then just Email one of the Mods and they will vet your request, the Arms isn't exclusively for those who run a business but entry can also be gained to those who show exceptional input into the forum in the sense of helpful posts etc.... i would believe that at only 55 posts and 13 thanks you have alot of contribution to do to find that route in.
I personally dont make the decisions so as i said already just drop a PM to one of the Mods.

I'm the same, being an industrial sparky I've always been employed by a company and worked in factories. I've sent PM's to a couple of mods but no response yet.
That's as may be but you've been a member of the forum for less than a month. If everyone were granted immediate access it would make the whole exercise seem a bit pointless.
Good things come to those who wait.

Since the recent controversy regarding Arms membership i believe the mods are being more selective about granting access.

Gotta remember it's exclusivity gives it it's value for those who are members.

Since the recent controversy regarding Arms membership i believe the mods are being more selective about granting access.

I didn't realise it was an exclusive club, just thought membership was through professional qualification to keep out undesirables and not based on postcount/time of forum membership.

How do you get into the electricians arms if you are not self employed, and unable to send details of your business.
cheers Kevin

im not self employed and im in,if your employed you might have to say/prove who you work for and give your personal details etc,but that info will be kept confidential by the mods,so i wont worry on that score

I am employed and don't mind at all waiting, I did pm them like requested stating my job with company name etc. - I then presumed it was a done deal, - pint was poured and ready and waiting.
message to mods - can you please make it a little clearer ( if possible) the criteria before applying.
Im just ready for my 1st electricians arms pint.

what controversy is that ?
oh , and to anybody in the know , has jonny boy been banned ?
saw a line through his name the other day.

The Electrcians Arms requirements are laid out in this topic. You don't need to be self-employed, just a professional electrician or similar. There's no set post count to qualify but I'm sure it would go a long way if you're a regular contributor.

Giving members Arms access is a job only Admin can do, I'm sure they'll help you out as soon as possible but they have a high work-load so it might take a little time. If you haven't heard anything after a several days or a week of requesting access maybe PM a polite reminder once in a while. I've posted a reminder in the staff room for Robotstar5 and KevinS.

It took me 3 weeks of pm's to admin to be let in. They are busy boy's looking after us lot on the forum.

Once your in please read the rules, the stickys and some of the threads before deciding that it really wasn't stressing about being a member lol. But we do have a bit of fun (and fights) in there, you will see :rofl:

Reply to Electricians Arms in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net