Discuss Electrics problem.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all.
New to the forum and I have absolutely no knowledge of electrics...

At the end of my garden I have a workshop and garage. I'm currently 'doing up the garage'.
The garage has it's own consumer unit which does the garage and the workshop. There were lots of wires trailing off behind the old walls but weren't connected to anything. I spoke to a few tradesmen at work and they suggested I turn off all the power and simply disconnect the wires that led to nothing. I got as far as disconnecting the one that was attached to the round junction box, but when I turned the power back on something blew and I had no power.
When I flipped the breaker switches back on, I had power in the workshop but not the garage. Then, when I turned on a plug in the workshop everything blew again.
Next morning I've come to have a look at it all.....everything works in the workshop except the plug that blew.
How did removing that wire effect everything?? Wondering if it's a simple fix before I call someone to have a look....
Sorry if I'm not being too clear, total noob at electrical stuff.
I've attached some pics.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Electrics problem.... 20190818_104457 - EletriciansForums.net
    20190818_104457.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
  • Electrics problem.... 20190818_104535 - EletriciansForums.net
    20190818_104535.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
  • Electrics problem.... 20190818_104546 - EletriciansForums.net
    20190818_104546.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 59
  • Electrics problem.... 20190818_104522 - EletriciansForums.net
    20190818_104522.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
what they all say.i could fly over business class, but the cost would be horrendous. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Very easy job for a local sparks , rip out the redundant stuff and then tidy up the rest.
Less than half a days work for an experience spark

Reply to Electrics problem.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock