Discuss Emergency! Help needed - 3-phase meter install in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

No space on the board so they left the termination floating around in front of the cutout!
Also those tails are supposed to go through the same hole in the metallic box to avoid wasting energy warming up the box and possible fault current issues.

Looks like the tails from the head loop into the Ryefield so three phase is probably present and in use, the supplies to the flats must be out of view. Who installed that unfixed service terminal block?

Re Picture ,another question that possibly only the onsite Electrician can answer,
Were the 2 Flats connected to the other 2 phase fuses and they've been moved into the Ryefield?
All the tails from cutout to Ryefield and also up to the flats look to have been replaced

20181107-092653-01.jpg
Where are the grommets? :eek:

3phase on site but all in use! Could ask the flats if they wouldn't mind sharing there electric for a bit. Other than that need an additional supply, unless something else there not posted yet that your sparks knows about??? It is poor though!

3phase on site but all in use! Could ask the flats if they wouldn't mind sharing there electric for a bit. Other than that need an additional supply, unless something else there not posted yet that your sparks knows about??? It is poor though!

On seeing that pic in post #19 - if the meter fitter has done that, I'd be sending it to their customer services on a mail titled "Safety Concern After Your Meter Installation" or some such. That should get their attention. Tell them it's not what you wanted as well. Hopefully they'll send the A team to fix and all will be resolved :) .

It is a 3 phase Ryefield. The Meter fitter has installed a single EDMI AMR and an isolator. The contractor has fitted a double pole RDL block and bunched the 3 phases. Then the contractor has connected the singles into the isolator. This customer will have problems because there is no separate 3 phase service. Also there is no room for a 3 phase meter. This should have been sorted at the planning stage but as usual the contractor doesn't think of that, just "does his job" and walks away. The block by the way has been left by the contractor, not the meter fitter, the meter has done all he can with the situation he finds.

Hi DNO - apologies up front as I'm not experienced in this realm and happy learn.

The meter installed appears to be Mk7C which is 134mm width and its 3 phase equivalent is Mk10D which is 175mm, so it needs 41mm more space. If that isolator was relocated the 3 phase meter should fit(?). The tails from Ryfield and the "floating" service connector block are shambolic and I wouldn't blame meter person if they had said not suitable for change to smart meter on the day (?).

According to how much power you need on a particular three phase machine you can run it off single phase with a variable frequency drive Invertek spring to mind: Variable Frequency Drive Manufacturer | AC Variable Speed Drives | AC Drives - http://www.invertekdrives.com/ speak to them they are very helpful if not speak to the Inverter drive supermarket: Teco filtered by Category: AC Inverter Drives (400V) (Page 1 of 3) - https://inverterdrive.com/m/Teco/?filter=Category%7cAC+Inverter+Drives+(400V) they are equally helpful.

Your contract is with BG so they and only they are the ones that can install a 3 phase meter subject to you agreeing a contract with them. The fact that they will probably use a third party meter installer is neither here or there!
Who filled in the application? If you kept a copy and can prove a 3ph meter was requested you should be in the clear regarding getting out of the existing contract.

Reply to Emergency! Help needed - 3-phase meter install in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net