Discuss Emma Clancy in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

sparkdog

-
Arms
Reaction score
I see another email from Emu Clancy.I can't believe all this political and legal involvement in the trade.Someone must be making loads of money out of it.

View in browser | Forward to a friend

Call 0870 013 0382 or
visit Elecsa - Welcome to ELECSA

Electrical Industry unite to protect consumers

A message from Emma Clancy, CEO Certsure LLP

Dear customer,

An on-going debate in the electrical contracting industry has been how we can promote the important issue of electrical safety and adequately describe the complexities of Part P regulations to all users of electricity including the consumer and landlords. The current landscape is competitive with a number of licenced scheme operators running schemes and understandably promoting their own brands.

On a number of occasions, I have given evidence to the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) Select Committee regarding Part P. The Committee was concerned about the lack of consumer awareness and the existence of two similar-named registers in the marketplace and took the view that this caused confusion with consumers.

After dialogue with DCLG both ourselves and NAPIT decided to take a new direction in response to the Committee’s concerns. We also shared a concern with NAPIT that the attention given to the registers since their launch has proven a distraction from key issues in the industry, such as safety and quality.

Therefore Certsure, which operates the ELESCA and NICEIC brands, will work with other scheme operators to create one easily identifiable mark to sit alongside our existing brands for all full scope Part P registered electricians. The mark will be designed to be easily recognisable by consumers, supported by a single website and register.

By taking this approach, it will be far easier for consumers to find a competent registered electrician in their local area. It is envisaged that the mark will sit alongside our market leading brands. In turn, contractors will benefit from further promotion in recognition of their commitment to Approved Document Part P and ensuring high standards.

Certsure customers undertake 90% of work notified under Part P so we want to reassure you that with over 58 years heritage in the NICEIC and ELECSA brands and the benefits they bring to you, all schemes will continue to operate within the current Building Regulations framework and promote their own brands jointly with the new quality mark to raise awareness of competent registered electricians.

Stephen Williams MP, Minister for Communities has commented: “I am very pleased with the collaborative approach taken by Certsure and NAPIT, which has led to the promise of a simple, easily identifiable mark for use by all registered electricians under the competent persons scheme. I hope the speedy creation of a single mark under one register will make it easier and clearer for households to find a competent, registered electrician from their local area.”

We will communicate with you as we progress towards the new mark and register, but in the meantime you do not need to do anything. We are releasing a joint statement which you can view here.

We really do value your opinion on these matters and we will be holding a webinar in the near future on issues facing our industry and the creation of the new register. In the meantime, if you would like to send me feedback on this, or any other matter please email: [email protected].

Best regards,

Emma Clancy
CEO, Certsure LLP

The Committee was concerned about the lack of consumer awareness and the existence of two similar-named registers in the marketplace and took the view that this caused confusion with consumers.

The committee was also concerned about people being accepted as competent after just 5 weeks of training and also qualified supervisors being 'responsible' for an unlimited number of unskilled and unqualified workers!

Funny how this doesn't get a mention!

The committee was also concerned about people being accepted as competent after just 5 weeks of training and also qualified supervisors being 'responsible' for an unlimited number of unskilled and unqualified workers!

Funny how this doesn't get a mention!

Nor does the actual number of responders - I have emailed them and asked - but so far the answer is ..........silence

how much more money do they want? all this with the reg amendments that are coming, it wont be long before sparks say sod that and re-train at something else!

Reply to Emma Clancy in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net