Discuss External PIR controlling LED wall light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ACL

-
Reaction score
Has anyone got any recommendations for controlling a 3watt LED wall light using a PIR?

One PIR manufacturer suggested a double pole PIR, but I have never heard of & cannot find such a unit?

My only other thought is to add some relay setup to supply power to the LED unit.

Many thanks in advance.

ACL

If anyone else is interested:

Just had a call from Steinel tech support and they have suggested that their IS180 unit will do the job.

Err, 3W is no load at all; any lighting PIR with a relay as its output device will do the job. You can hear the relay click on most lighting PIRs. (I don't know if any PIRs use a triac instead, which might have trouble driving an LED load.)

Reply to External PIR controlling LED wall light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Just a quick one, I want to use an ip rated light switch with a neon indicator to manually ovveride a PIR detector controlling an e27 LED...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Please can I have some help with the following: I want to have some perimeter lighting in the ceiling which will be using the...
Replies
Views
Wanting to add 2 strips of led lights down each side of underneath of the stairs, I have a socket I can spur off, into a fused switch, been...
Replies
Views
Our house has one external feed going outside to power lights. We've recently renovated our garden/drive etc and now there are three different...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock