Discuss FIXRADIO Tunes Request Thread (And DAB Radio Recommendations Thread) in the Solar Thermal Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Plumbers have more radios cos they nick them from other trades.
Joiners have more radios cos they get a free one when they buy the latest power tools in a box kit
Tilers have more radios cos they get better acoustics in a newly tiled bathroom.

We, the sparks don’t really need radios as we all have wonderful singing voices

Or is that voices in our heads.... o_O

Wow I thought it was the standard all over the globe now! Is it just the BBC pushing it here that's got it through then. Or at least mostly though. As Tel said, a lot of stations wont stay tuned in as you drive around in a vehicle.

I thought it was like the phone 4G then onto 5G situation, where it's a bit of a given it'll move onto the next one. Clearly not then!

Wow I thought it was the standard all over the globe now! Is it just the BBC pushing it here that's got it through then. Or at least mostly though. As Tel said, a lot of stations wont stay tuned in as you drive around in a vehicle.

I thought it was like the phone 4G then onto 5G situation, where it's a bit of a given it'll move onto the next one. Clearly not then!
That's the thing.

People who are old school listen to FM.

If you're hip and trendy you'll stream it on 4g.

DAB is stuck in no man's land.

Here is an article about it if you're interested.

That's the thing.

People who are old school listen to FM.

If you're hip and trendy you'll stream it on 4g.

DAB is stuck in no man's land.

Here is an article about it if you're interested.

Wow. So I read this on that page....
Rhodes says the best example can be found in Norway, where state broadcaster NRK last year became the first in the world to complete a full switch from analogue to digital radio broadcasting. Where the analogue setup required about 1,200 transmission sites for each of the country’s four national radio networks, the digital equivalent uses just a single network and 800 transmitters to provide the same service and coverage. The payback on that investment should be significant in the long term.

So that means the signal IS actually stronger. It's just clearly a case in the UK that there aren't enough transmitters knocking about. And clearly in Ireland, hardly any.

That article was from Feb 18. So is it still available for some stations for the time being then?

Wow. So I read this on that page....

So that means the signal IS actually stronger. It's just clearly a case in the UK that there aren't enough transmitters knocking about. And clearly in Ireland, hardly any.

That article was from Feb 18. So is it still available for some stations for the time being then?
It's still available, but commercial stations won't embrace it, they don't want to open up the airspace to competition.

DAB is easier for niche radio stations to operate on.

I would be lost without DAB radio in the van. Got to get my fix of Planet Rock. Radios are not allowed on sites

I love DAB but I also get signal problems a lot of the time...

When I was in America my rental car had satellite radio which I thought was amazing always wondered why it wasn't a thing in the UK. I don't think I ever lost signal and I covered thousands of miles.

I love DAB but I also get signal problems a lot of the time...

When I was in America my rental car had satellite radio which I thought was amazing always wondered why it wasn't a thing in the UK. I don't think I ever lost signal and I covered thousands of miles.
Sky have everything sown up. You'd have to pay them an extortionate fee to be carried on one of their Astra satellites

And that's the end of DAB in Ireland.

I felf a similar betrayal when Kerrang dissap
eared from DAB , found on freeview TV and internet !
(Internet model is too cheap ?)
(another Xmas present -Sony TV streams all moving about for Xmas )
Tech just seems to like change fro the sake of it !

Reply to FIXRADIO Tunes Request Thread (And DAB Radio Recommendations Thread) in the Solar Thermal Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock