Discuss fluke 1652 problem in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

monkeyelectric

Hi, i have a problem with my 1652, i can't zero the leads, you press the zero button and it just beeps but won't zero, when you test the leads you get a resistance so they're not already zero'd, i can't find the user manual so i'm stuck, can anyone help please?:(

Are you doing what I used to do and just connect the crocs at right angles to each other, or inserting one ful length inside the other ? I had same problem and that solved it Might help mate.

Yeah i insert them at right angles, i did'nt think it mattered but if you insert them lengthways to each other do they make a better connection? it mainly happens on my wander lead

Probably low battery but another usefull zero tip is to make sure the fixed jaws of the croc clips are joined together during zeroing.
If you join the jaws that move you will be zeroing through the croc clip springs.

What they say ^^^ We were talking about the same thing at college yesterday, it was the batteries, and how much easier it would be if the
tester would just tell you they were getting low. lol :D

Last edited by a moderator:
My fluke starts playing up when zeroing when the batteries are on their way out. The above measures regarding clip position will affect the accuracy of the Reading but when the batteries need changing it just refuses to zero at all. Hope this helps.

All valid points but the main problem is the fluke itself. Great for voltage testers and clamp on meters terrible 17th edition mulifunction testers.
I was atesting manger and ordered 5 of these and within 12 months I sold them on E bay and went with meggar and kewtech .

the earler versions of the 1652 had conflict with poor terminals in the lead and the fuses were too tight and broke when they were removed.

I was also on a job that was in dispute and there were 5 testing engineers there all with flukes, as soon as I saw them I told them to do a test each and everyone gave them a different figure and when they repeated the test they all got different readings again, My test instrument confirmed the same test results everytime and dispute ended.

The tester is terrible and it is largely down to the poor zeroing.

Sorry to bring the bad news, get yourself a better tester.

Reply to fluke 1652 problem in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net