Discuss Good mid range earth leakage clamp meter in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Could anybody reccommend a good earth leakage clamp meter, specifically one that measures low mA's to find any small earth leakage current that may cause nuisance tripping?

Megger is my usual go to but don't want to fork out more than around the £100 mark if I'm able to get something pretty good for that? Just some advice on these tools and peoples experience/reviews would be great, thanks

Ah really? I'm not sure how much il make use of it so didn't want to go all in if it ends up sitting in a bag

Worth spending a bit more on the likes of megger, Chauvin, etc..
Large jaws better so they can clamp round meter tails.

Go for one that does both ac and dc.
See many guys trying to fault find a tripping RCD, scratching their heads wondering why it’s tripping when the reading is so low.. you need to test for d.c. leakage too.
For that price bracket, imo the best one to go for is the di-log. DL6506.
It does ac and dc but only has small jaws but can get meter tails in them

The Di-Log earth leakage clamp meter either went through a few bad batches or is a heap of junk. I got a couple of them faulty on arrival, and moaning either here or in another electrical forum many others had the same problem or it failed within months.

I reckon with a budget of sub £100 you are on a beaten docket already.

I was given a tis 560 by cef to try once (still got it).
It’s ok, not very accurate when compared to my multimeter and ramp function on mft.
Only does AC current.

I have an old Amtech, which hasn’t been used much.
I compared it recently against a calibrated Fluke and it differed by about 1 Amp.
I think they were absorbed by Metrel or TIS?

Reply to Good mid range earth leakage clamp meter in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock