Search the forum,

Discuss Hi all (also after advice!) in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BARSElec

Hi people,

Just joined the forum but have been reading it for a few months.

Im currently after words of advice and perhaps some helpful pointers!

I completed my electrical apprenticeship back in 2002 having gained my C&G 2360. After that I continued working for the company until 2007 doing house bashing/ commercial and industrial. I also did a year in their office as an estimator. Since then I have served the last 8 years in the emergency services but looking to leave and return to the electrical game but self employed this time.

Before I do this I know I will have to convert my 16th Ed to the current 17th Ed. I also want to do the C&G 2394 testing course.

Any advice greatly received!!

do the 2394 and 2395 together. the former is testing for new installs and the latter is for EICRs (periodic inspections as the used to be called).

Welcome to posting.

I agree with Tel, get some EICR training as well, it is a step up from initial verification.
Other than that get familiar with the regs changes and get back into practice.

Good luck.

Reply to Hi all (also after advice!) in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I thought to make a post, I came just to ask questions but been reading more of the forum and learnt lots of useful and good things, decided I...
Replies
Views
After 23 years in the forces I gained employment in a few electrical companies and picked up 16th edition a few years ago. Since then I have...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am Tony. Just introducing myself. I am in a difficult position myself trying to decide at 38 with 1 kid about changing careers and...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am looking at specifying a Triac dimmer switch after a PIR and manual override to control several lights, i dont see an issue why...
Replies
Views
Okay so I have a C&G 2365 level 3 which covered electrical and electronics engineering and I want to do an NVQ and AM2 to become a full...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock