Discuss How destructive have you had to be... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SS-2015

Just wondered how badly you guys have ever had to take apart someones house in order to do your job...

Went to start some remedial work yesterday, 1st job, Install main bond on incoming water (Countless building, plumbing and electrical work carried out over last 5 years or so and no one has bothered to install)

Pulled up the upstairs floorboards to run cable from MET up over dining room into kitchen to drop down inside a boxed in pipe. Pulled floorboards and from there I can see a plastic Quick connector Tee from main water, tee'd off for shower. Can't get to it as it's under tiled bathroom floor, I could also see 3 more speed fit joiners about 3 meters into bathroom all under the tiled floor, Went downstairs and with home owners permission made a small hole in the ceiling from here I could see up behind false wall built to house shower pipes and cable and another 3 plastic fittings.

So in short there is 7 plastic speed fit fittings at various locations. Explained to the poor customer that there was no point me bonding by the Stop-cock with out being able to strap over all the plastic joints.

I left with her on the phone to her ex-husband telling him to get his a*se round and help her gain access to all the joints and giving him a right rollocking for getting his 'plumber' mate round int he first place and his 'Sparky' mate for not doing it when he lashed the new CU to the wall!

So going back next week once she's taken her house to pieces.

I think we're all going to enjoy the explanation of why you think you need to link over all of those plastic joints!
I think you have failed to grasp the basics of bonding, you need to bond the extraneous conductive parts as they enter the installation. Adding extra bonding all over the place which could increase the danger rather than reduce it isn't really necessary.

We all been there ss-2015 so your not alone, maybe different situation but ended up facepalming when you realise, but on the plus side you'll never make the same error again ;)

I understand your anger here but can we refrain from the expletives in the public arena be it partially encripted or not. Thankyou :)

I'll meet you half way, we will close the thread and it will be lost in the depths of the forum library by tomorrow as no new postings will bump it up the list... :).

Unless some evil tyrant opened it again. :sifone:

Reply to How destructive have you had to be... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net