Discuss How to approach to quote for local development in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I was looking on my local planning portal for work that's happening close to me and noticed that on the same road as I live, they're building flats on top of a shop. What I want to know is, how is the best way to approach them and offer my services and to quote the job? Would I simply go into the shop and tell them I'm a local electrical contractor and that I have noticed they have put in for planning permission and if they haven't already got somebody in mind for the job, to consider me to quote for it?.....btw the planning is pending at the moment and not approved yet so wouldn't have thought its too late to quote for it.....replies appreciated thanks

hi, on the planning portal you should be able to get the agents name, i would call them and be honest and explain you would like to quote for the work if that was possible, worst way you might waste an afternoon visiting and quoting, failing that i would ask in the shop, they might know or of they are tenants they might have a managing agent, they are my favourite people, as long as you speak to them nicely. good luck

Thanks for the reply, the agent is just an architect though, is this the norm?...as regarding the people in the shop, they are of the Asian community and more than likely own it anyway so not sure what's best to do.

if you have the name of the architect you could look them up on the net and see who they are, if they are a small outfit and also within the asian community then you might be out of luck, i might still give them a call and ask if an electrical contractor has been appointed and if you could forward your details to them to give to the owner or builder, i would not ask for names or phone numbers rather ask if they could pass your on, mainly due to client confidantiality etc

By the sound of the name the agent isn't Asian, and might be worth calling them as you say, they look like a fairly small company as they have only been trading since 2008 but maybe not you never know, so they may listen and give the small guys a chance to quote.

i got over a 100k's worth of work through doing a plumber mate a favour and wiring in a remote stat for a customer who did not want to go outside to turn on his new boiler, on the day in question there was a fotball match on the telly and his mate who was a surveyor had come round for a few beers, 5 minutes later we had exchanged cards, you should call the agent, might work on this job might need a light changed in his office or might remember you when he is at a dinner party.

Reply to How to approach to quote for local development in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net