Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss How to start my career in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

westisbest

Hi,
I am currently working as a ventilation fitters mate and would like to move on and become an electrician. I've been looking at courses and jobs available locally but I'm getting confused with what to do next. I have been looking at electricians mate job descriptions and they seem to want a cscs/ecs card, which I don't have. I have looked into doing a 4 week course (link below) but I don't want to waste my money. Is it worth doing this course or do I need to do a shorter one? Any help that anyone could give me would be very gratefully received.
Thanks

Professional Electrician Course | Electrical Training Course

Hi,
I am currently working as a ventilation fitters mate and would like to move on and become an electrician. I've been looking at courses and jobs available locally but I'm getting confused with what to do next. I have been looking at electricians mate job descriptions and they seem to want a cscs/ecs card, which I don't have. I have looked into doing a 4 week course (link below) but I don't want to waste my money. Is it worth doing this course or do I need to do a shorter one? Any help that anyone could give me would be very gratefully received.
Thanks

The will be a few on later who will agree to save your money as there is not a cat in hells chance you can become a electrician in 4 weeks 4 years yes but not 4 weeks.

do waste your money on that rubbish do the correct way go to college

ecs/cscs card is the electricians/mates card, look on jib site for details

Hi,
Thanks

you only need toto sit a 20min exam for the ecs/cscs card and then send off for your card.

dont do any 4 week courses, they are domestic installer courses and if you did them you would be joining a saturated market.

the 2356 level 2+3 will take 2 years then a year or two to do the nvq to do it properly and be recognized as an electrician, di's tend to make a hashup of large comercial/industrial installs so you wont even get called in to quote.
every di gets tarred with the same brush, there not all bad look at skelton he is doing very well and probably knows a lot more than a lot of qualified electricians his age

Reply to How to start my career in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net