Discuss how to wire fulrescent lights in twin and earth in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

So basically this is what i thought a feed to the first light from the borad then looop to the next ligt and on the last flurescent connect in the switch?

So basically this is what i thought a feed to the first light from the borad then looop to the next ligt and on the last flurescent connect in the switch?

If your feeding to the light you will prob have to loop your live in connector block, If possible you could wire your feeds in/out of the light switch, then a S/L up to the first light, then just feed in and out each fitting.

serious about what? it is just to clarify in ma mind am only a 2nd year apprenticeby the way but me and another apprenitce have been tought different ways , him maily wth singles at colege. I jut wanted to find ou for myself aswel

OK thanks for the replies so bascally this is what I would do

T+E to the first light fitting link in ma switch live wire to the phase from main board to live termialn the fitting and the neutral to the neutral block then the other sw to a connector block where i would connect my next phase from the next fitting to?

OK thanks for the replies so bascally this is what I would do

T+E to the first light fitting link in ma switch live wire to the phase from main board to live termialn the fitting and the neutral to the neutral block then the other sw to a connector block where i would connect my next phase from the next fitting to?

don't quite follow what you are saying, but if it is T&E fom board to connector block in fitting, live into the connector block but neutral into the fitting, then live to switch and switch live back to fitting... then yes.

Other fittings in parallel between switch live and neutral.

Last edited by a moderator:
for gods sake guys give the guy a break.

THEORY is taught in a classroom, NOT confidence.

If you think its a stupid question, don't answer it!!!

for gods sake guys give the guy a break.

THEORY is taught in a classroom, NOT confidence.

If you think its a stupid question, don't answer it!!!
I wasn't saying nothing about his ability,but stuff like this is learnt in the 1st month of college.Its not rocket science mate:eek:

sometimes you hit things just once or twice in college and then never hit them again for months. Better that this forum is a place where apprentices / college students ( and the more experienced) can feel at ease to ask questions rather than worry that they are going to be judged for asking things they think they should already know.

The important thing is that they want to learn and are prepared to ask.

If people are mocked they won't use the forum.

well exactly push rod I did not post on here to get abuse I posted because I was unsure. Would it be better not to ask and do it wrong...I think not. What would I learn from that just to ask if i am unsure.

well exactly push rod I did not post on here to get abuse I posted because I was unsure. Would it be better not to ask and do it wrong...I think not. What would I learn from that just to ask if i am unsure.

Ask on young Ben
Your questions will give us old timers a chance to see if we still remember
Never fear knowlege,none of us were born with it

Reply to how to wire fulrescent lights in twin and earth in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net