Discuss Ignition problems with 1964 FJ40 V8 swap in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

jp_waltz

DIY
Reaction score
Hi there…I’m hoping that someone may be able to help me identify an electrical part of my ignition. For reference I have a 1964 Toyota FJ40 with a V8 swap (1995 Chevy TBI) that I did not do. When I started it a couple of days ago the starter appeared to stay engaged and smoke started coming from underneath the dash. I think I narrowed it to this black square in the picture. There is one wire going into the top that is connected to a junction that sits on top of the steering column behind the dash. The other wire comes from the bottom and runs into a five prong relay. There are several other wires that are part of the black square but were cut and taped prior to me buying the vehicle. It melted a hole into it and now I can’t get it to start. It cranks, but no fire. Any help identifying this part is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Paul
IMG_4179.jpeg

I wonder if it's just a commoning block that joins all those wires together? Difficult to tell. Will the plastic case split apart?

Reply to Ignition problems with 1964 FJ40 V8 swap in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello and Happy New Year. It's not starting too well for me, excuse pun. Since Friday December 16th, The 2.4l Duratorq diesel won't start...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, I’m not sure this post is really relevant here, but I’m looking for some advice about some electrical work that was undertaken at my home...
Replies
Views
F
Hi everyone this is my first post on here so sorry if its not in enough or too much detail. I have an audi s3 2001 plate, recently I have started...
Replies
Views
GaryM
G
C
Hi forum, This is my first post so i'm not even sure if i'm in the right section for this... Anyway i've got an intermittent electrical...
Replies
Views
blackiel
B

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock