Discuss IR test in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tanglewood

Hi all

IR test at outgoing terminals on main switch on splitload wylex board. All mcb's and both RCD's up. L>E 275k ohms. Limitation in place not to test between L>N, Opinions please.

Cheers

I don't get it...opinion on the reading?...well there could be a problem or there could not...who knows without further testing...

You've done a global IR test and got that result?...so carry on to your next step?...

I'm guessing this is for an EICR as you have mentioned 'limitation'. Also I'm assuming that when you say 'up' you're implying 'on' or 'closed'.

You have found 0.275MΩ between L-E on a global IR test which is less than 1 so is not acceptable and is a code. If you are doing an EICR then I would be doing the same test for each circuit as you will need these results for 'form4' and then you will see where the culprit is.

Hi all

IR test at outgoing terminals on main switch on splitload wylex board. All mcb's and both RCD's up. L>E 275k ohms. Limitation in place not to test between L>N, Opinions please.

Cheers

My opinion is do you know how to test properly ???
Do you think you should be testing "each" circuit to find the culprit or are you one of these test 20 houses per day grab your money and bugger off mickey mouse sparks ???
By asking this question you are obviously not competent to test and certify peoples houses!!

Dear oh Dear oh Dear

Reply to IR test in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I hope you're all keeping well. I have a question regarding insulation resistance testing. Whether doing a single circuit IR test or...
Replies
Views
So was on a call out today and cooker circuit kept tripping the RCD. Disconnected at the board and at the cooker switch and IR’d the cable and...
Replies
Views
In my line of work it's very rare that I ever have to change a DB. I'm largely in maintenance; occasionally have to add new circuits etc. so in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help with a little mystery i had today. The issue is fixed but I want to understand what was going on to help...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock