Discuss Irish install? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DomB

Hello all,

We've been asked to do an installation in Ireland; we're MCS accredited but something tells me they're not part of the UK over there - has anyone any knowledge of what's rqd to do a certifcated Irish install..?

Cheers!

D

Thanks very much Babba.

So far it seems there's no grants or FiTs for Solar PV in Ireland. Lots for Solar Thermal but no PV. I'll keep looking to be sure to be sure.

No problem...I dont know a lot about the subject but I believe there is Fits just with a different name I think its about 9p or Cent..???..It does say something about a 6KW or less install are able to claim something from the ESB on that link...

You can install up to 6kw single phase. The only requirement is confirmation the inverter complies with EN50438 with specific Irish settings and an electrical completion certificate is completed. No MCS or other regulatory interference.
The FIT is now 9c per unit and paid on export only.
The offer of a free smart meter installation has now expired. Not sure what the charge is for a meter now.
So in effect it is still a DIY prospect.
The inverter is a bit tricky as they are not common but if you need info I can assist.

The irish bit of BS EN50438 says this:
Capture.JPG
I would expect inverters like SMA can be set up to these settings easily enough.
Regards
Bruce

No problem with SMA or Fronius inverters here in Ireland I have used both.Job needs to be certified by a REC (registered electrical contractor) similiar to NICEIC.
Any other help let me know
Regards
Des

Exhibiting at the National Home Build and Renovation show it seems ireland has a big appetite for renewables at the moment, we were run off our feet with micro wind and PV from Irish visitors.

Reply to Irish install? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net