Discuss Is this meter any good? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtimer

Regular EF Member
There is not a lot between them Fluke were having problems at one time then Megger brought out the 1700 series and then had problems So what do I have well a Megger 1553 and a Fluke carry case .

It is what you are happy with plus modern electronics they either work or they dont and Megger/Fluke are big in the industry and people feel they have been trading on their names

G

Guest111

Hi i will be doing mainly domestic installs, is this meter good anyone used it before?

Megger MFT1710
Megger MFT1710 Multifunction Tester - Megger MFT 1710 Installation Tester

or would you go for the Fluke 1651B
Fluke 1651B Multifunction Installation Tester

As its cheaper + better box etc

What you suggest?

Or am i better going for second hand at cheaper?

Cheers
You can have my metrel 3002 for £350 still under warranty approx 3 months old only used a couple of times and all cert software included.

ExArmy

Electrician's Arms
that megger looks ok to me. i have the 1552 and paid £325 for it second hand, plus £40 calibration so £365 all in, if i'd have known i could get a brand new one for £460 i might have gone for that!

just noticed that it's £460 + VAT, so £552 total.

robsparky1975

Regular EF Member
I have a fluke and it does the job great,better case than the megger,used the megger too,not much between the 2 apart from price,you can try fleabay but wouldnt see much change of £300 secondhand so £474 inc vat for a new unit its a good price and warranty/no need to calibrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 46 65.7%
  • Black

Votes: 24 34.3%

Electrician Talk