Discuss Make a very simple test for me in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ive redrawn your circuit, to make it clear (for me).
This is not actually simulating anything, I use it just for drawing (and clarifying).
I think I get you now, thank you for it !!!
1653150996976.png

Ive redrawn your circuit, to make it clear (for me).
This is not actually simulating anything, I use it just for drawing (and clarifying).
I think I get you now, thank you for it !!!
View attachment 97759
Vcc at 5V and 0V go to pins 14 and 7 respectively - but you knew that - just wanted to be careful.

If you make a test rig with a known frequency crystal you could check it is working if you have a radio with a short wave band by tuning in to the weak signal from the circuit. I think short wave/HF is something like 3-30MHz if I remember well.

Last edited:
See if you can find something that will register a 100MHz and can split from that down. I mean with discrete components. If its too much, I'll understand. And remember, we are playing until something cracks. Unfortunately I am unable to read and test anything with such high fv on any of my devices I have. But you have that cool osciloscope ... mmm. My idea is simple. If we can make a circuit with discrete components that will split from 100Mhz down, we are good. Else, we will stumble over various little shi.ts like my 555 craping itself when I need him most. Haha.

Vcc at 5V and 0V go to pins 14 and 7 respectively - but you knew that - just wanted to be careful.
+7V(Max) Vcc to pin4 and gnd to pin 11.
I don't know anything, I just look up in the datasheet.
(Sometimes) my biggest mistake is to presume, and I still have to learn to not doing it that often myself.
1653153122401.png

Mister @pc1966 and I were looking at this circuit for some time.
Flip-Flops Using Discrete Transistors:
1653153746192.png

I know it looks a bit full... I want you to try it at 100MHz and see if it can split it in half I guess, so its Q will be 50MHz. If it will do it, I will start making some of them. You are making it on breadboard, not definitive board on cardboard or fiberglass like I do it. It will really take you some minutes to check at what is the maximum fv can be used. It will be great if you have a fv variator of some kind... that will tell us the maximum range it can go.
I could make it myself but I have to make a couple of them, to really bring down the fv to my devices level that I have here. And I probably will, because it will most probably be too much for you. Will it?

Reply to Make a very simple test for me in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net