Discuss MR16 LED spotlights? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ash_s3

Evening all,

I have have a customer who wants me to replace the MR16 halogen downlight fittings in his bathroom to LED.
I planned to fit the all in one type LED units that I usually install, however he has an extractor fan over the shower cubicle which houses a MR16 halogen lamp inside it.

Im concerned that the light output/colour will not match the other fittings so I've suggested using MR16 LEDs in all fittings to keep them the same.

Anyone got any suggestions or good or bad experience with using these? I realise I will have to fit LED drivers in place of the halogen transformers.
Im currently looking at LEDhut although I'll give the wholesalers a bell tomorrow.

Cheers
ash

i'd fit GU10 LEDs. sod having separate drivers, they're a pain in the arse. then use a MR16 LED in the fan, get same colour temperature as the GU10s.

Thanks Tel, if I go for the same wattage and colour then they should match pretty well?

customer is rather particular and don't want to order and install all this gear for him to not be happy.

Completely agree with Tel.

If you're going to the trouble of changing them all may as well change to GU10 as then you lose the cost of the expensive driver and also less to go wrong.

if you get all lamps with the same colour temp. ( 2700K for warm white, then they should all look identival. there may be a slight difference in brightness with the MR16, but acceptable.

all down to customer preference. i, myself, prefer a colder light, 5000K, cool white. what i do is take one of each in a GU10 holder with a flex and plug on. show customer the difference and let them decide.

The Philips Master LED will work with existing 12v AC transformers, although the transformer will not last as long as the LED bulb, so somthing else to think about. I have a job coming up to change 80 MR16 halogen to LED and we are working on changing to GU10 lampholders with Philips Master LEDs in place of the 50W halogen. As for colour temperature, it depends on lots of things - height of ceiling, finished paint colour, number of fittings customer preference....for a bathroom I would be verging towards natural white to daylight (4000K to 6500K)

The Philips Master LED will work with existing 12v AC transformers, although the transformer will not last as long as the LED bulb, so somthing else to think about. I have a job coming up to change 80 MR16 halogen to LED and we are working on changing to GU10 lampholders with Philips Master LEDs in place of the 50W halogen. As for colour temperature, it depends on lots of things - height of ceiling, finished paint colour, number of fittings customer preference....for a bathroom I would be verging towards natural white to daylight (4000K to 6500K)
>> complete novice here........but what do the figures......4000K to 6500K relate to?

Reply to MR16 LED spotlights? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net