Discuss Napit assessment in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi - I recently transferred in and so I wasn’t in a rush and didn't hassle them. I just let it run and it took 6 weeks for Head Office to email the Field Assessor who rang me the next day and arranged the interview for a few days after. No reason for the HO delay that I can see, as the £ clears while you are on the call and the Field Assessor does all the document checks...

Hi - I recently transferred in and so I wasn’t in a rush and didn't hassle them. I just let it run and it took 6 weeks for Head Office to email the Field Assessor who rang me the next day and arranged the interview for a few days after. No reason for the HO delay that I can see, as the £ clears while you are on the call and the Field Assessor does all the document checks...
I paid my fees etc last week & the guy just said they'd be in touch to arrange the assessment but never gave any sort of timescale. I'll give them a call & try to hurry it along. Cheers

Funnily enough I have one tomorrow, last one was over two years ago.
Be interesting to see how this one goes as the last was informal to say the least.

I paid my fees etc last week & the guy just said they'd be in touch to arrange the assessment but never gave any sort of timescale. I'll give them a call & try to hurry it along. Cheers

they’re taking around 8 weeks to process applications and get assessed at the moment due to Covid.

Funnily enough I have one tomorrow, last one was over two years ago.
Be interesting to see how this one goes as the last was informal to say the least.

What are the assessments like, Is it like the usual, documents/coffee/off to a few jobs?

How long is it usually for full scope domestic/commercial/EICRs etc

Im considering transferring over tothem from stroma, im on napits eicr scheme but thought i mayas well just go over fully

I did pay all the fees for joining NAPIT mid July and still waiting for the assessor to call me wit a date. Did call them two weeks ago and they've said that I'm in the question and don't know how long it is going to be
[automerge]1599159154[/automerge]
I'm in the queue

What are the assessments like, Is it like the usual, documents/coffee/off to a few jobs?

How long is it usually for full scope domestic/commercial/EICRs etc

Im considering transferring over tothem from stroma, im on napits eicr scheme but thought i mayas well just go over fully
The last on site inspection was very brief but this was probably due to me having just passed their two day skills and theory competence assessment, the hoops us five week wonders have to jump through.

I'll report back on tomorrow's.

Ah really? I figured there might be some kind of hold up due to covid but the guy on the phone said they were carrying out assessments as normal.

you’ll still do the assessment on site and documentation check etc... it’s just taking 8 weeks to process new registrations and get to assessment stage at the moment.

hope that makes sense mate.

they’re taking around 8 weeks to process applications and get assessed at the moment due to Covid.
Another intriguing use of the 'Covid Excuse'... I'd love to know how the virus inhibits someones ability to 'process an application' or visit you onsite whilst wearing a mask and socially distancing.

Well had mine today.

Fortunately I had quite an involved job to walk him round which involved two new DBs fed from source via a swith fuse and SWA, a lot of cable routing and dampness/IP issues.

Spent 20mins talking him through the job and the reasoning behind decisions taken.

This was a warts and all job, some minor things I don't like but not non-compliant.

The assessor made a number of positive remarks and agreed with all my reasonings.

This put us both at ease and the following hour was a quick check through quals, insurance and calibration certs. Then a general chat.

They do like to close the assessments out during the visit, think its a target of theirs, and it does wind them up if you haven't prepared. They send a list of docs to have, have them there for the assessment.

All told, painless.

I didn't ask why cables less than 50mm is C2, sorry.

Well had mine today.

Fortunately I had quite an involved job to walk him round which involved two new DBs fed from source via a swith fuse and SWA, a lot of cable routing and dampness/IP issues.

Spent 20mins talking him through the job and the reasoning behind decisions taken.

This was a warts and all job, some minor things I don't like but not non-compliant.

The assessor made a number of positive remarks and agreed with all my reasonings.

This put us both at ease and the following hour was a quick check through quals, insurance and calibration certs. Then a general chat.

They do like to close the assessments out during the visit, think its a target of theirs, and it does wind them up if you haven't prepared. They send a list of docs to have, have them there for the assessment.

All told, painless.

I didn't ask why cables less than 50mm is C2, sorry.
Thanks for the rundown. One question I do have is with all the documents, do they have to all be printed/original copies or can you have them on a laptop/ipad? Don't fancy printing page upon page of building Regs documents if I don't need to!

Thanks for the rundown. One question I do have is with all the documents, do they have to all be printed/original copies or can you have them on a laptop/ipad? Don't fancy printing page upon page of building Regs documents if I don't need to!
Mine took photos of docs on my phone, can't say its policy but thats what mine did.

Reply to Napit assessment in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net