Discuss Need help with donestic outdoor light switch wiring in the New Member Introductions area at ElectriciansForums.net

Nas

EF Member
Hello,

I am new to this forum- is my first time posting so I'd like say hi to everyone.

Im stuck with extending an outdoor socket, so I need help please.

I currently have working duo ( socket and switch) outside my home. I want to extend it to a ne2 oitdoor socket few metres away
I ha e fitted the new socket but everytime i try and wire it, it blows the fuse off.

So just to be clear, I'd like to connect the new socket to the switch on the working socket.
How do I wire it? What coolor wire goes where?

Any help is welcome.

Nash

OP
N

Nas

EF Member
Hi,

The photos 1 and 2 are of the existing working socket.
3 and 4 are of the new socket- not connected / non workig.

I hope this helps.

Thanks in advance.

Nash

westward10

In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream.
Staff member
That isn't looking great Nas and it would be inappropriate to give advice to resolve your problem. The best course of action is to employ an electrician.

OP
N

Nas

EF Member
Hi. Thanks for your reply. Do you mind telling what foes not look nice? Is it the hanging/not connected wires on the working socket?

westward10

In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream.
Staff member
Cables are not glanded. Cables not fixed and prone to mechanical and solar damage. Conductors cut too short resulting in the use of unfixed block connectors. Unsleeved cpcs etc....

telectrix

Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
Hi. Thanks for your reply. Do you mind telling what foes not look nice? Is it the hanging/not connected wires on the working socket?
it's a complete cock-up. call an electrician or your local undertaker..

Electrician Talk