Discuss Notice to council in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eagleeye

Hi guys cant seem to remember if i have to inform building control when i do a electrical installation cert only or at all and when i issue a minor cert. Can anyone help. I have done with a rewire i did recently but have also carried out a minor and wasnt sure

Thanks

minor works don't need to be notified as far as i know. if your part p approved then all the signing off can be done by yourself.

Hi, MInor works in special locations eg kitchens and bathrooms need to be registered with labc.Any new circuit needs to be notified wherever it is.Which brings me to a question if you put in a new smoke alarm circuit do you still need to register it as smoke alarms dont come under part p.Or does the fact that as its a new circuit it has to be registered whatever.Anybody know?Or have I just answered my own question.

Last edited:
If us people in the trade are still confused,imagine the law abiding diyer fathoming out this notifiiable garbled nonesense

Unless its its major work I cant see many being concerned how to steer their way through it all

Part P and cosmology have something in common,neither of them are understood by the layman

Hi, MInor works in special locations eg kitchens and bathrooms need to be registered with labc.Any new circuit needs to be notified wherever it is.Which brings me to a question if you put in a new smoke alarm circuit do you still need to register it as smoke alarms dont come under part p.Or does the fact that as its a new circuit it has to be registered whatever.Anybody know?Or have I just answered my own question.

i'm not 100% sure but i don't think that any work in kitchen or any special location is seen as minor works but could have it wrong.

According to Elecsa, Minor works ie exensions or modifications to circuits have to be notified if carried out in Bathrooms,Bedrooms containing baths or showers,ceiling heating,communal areas of flats,elv non pre assembled lights,garden lighting,garden power,greenhouses,kitchen,kitchen diners,remote buildings(I guess that doesnt mean buildings in the middle of nowhere),Saunas,sheds,shower rooms,solar power systems,swimming pools,telephone cabling in bedrooms(strange!),underfloor heating and workshops. Hands up who got bored before the end of the list. Hope this helps anyway.

Reply to Notice to council in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net