Search the forum,

Discuss Plasterers, who needs them? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
as title. a bit od splodging in the gunge, done by yours truly:

DSC_0088.jpgDSC_0090.jpgDSC_0091.jpg

Good job.

I have just finished filling the chases at my house. I used hard wall as a backing coat and a product called "easy fill" to finish. The "easy fill" sands down so easy and leaves a perfect finish. Now they are painted they are impossible to see.

With a little bit of practice and a bit more alcohol to steady your hand it could be almost perfect! :)

never be as smooth as you, though , geordie. that's as near to a compliment as i'm ever likely to get from you. :sorcerer:

Easy fill is a good send. I'm just doing up our house and done a load of patching and plastering and that easy fill stuff has helped alot. I pulled off a load of wood chip and used it to fill alot of old trowel marks.

don't go for the easy-fill, one coat , or any of that crap. the work in the pics was all done using bonding plaster. it's a damn site cheaper than the alternatives.

I use multi finish for my plastering, but that easyfill is awesome for very fine work and its sandable and paintable in about 90 minutes!

The plasterer on a job i'm doing at the moment came to price up last night at about 8pm, already up to a 12 hour day and he chirped up "not to question your workmanship pal but can you cut your cables back and tuck em into the back boxes so i can plaster them in.......

You can imagine my reply....

The plasterer on a job i'm doing at the moment came to price up last night at about 8pm, already up to a 12 hour day and he chirped up "not to question your workmanship pal but can you cut your cables back and tuck em into the back boxes so i can plaster them in.......

You can imagine my reply....
my workmate is very loud and can be anoying.

anyway the plasterer skimed the boxes over a couple mm lol

Like it,Tel,nice multi-tasking....but you just know,somewhere,on a plastering forum,a confident spread has just posted "Electricians,who needs them?"...followed by some pics of a five-bird-roast lollipop ring extravaganza :conehead:

haha. reminds me. once did a job. was 6 months between 1st and 2nd fix, due to customer being over budget and put the job on hold for a while. we 2nd fixed aroiund 12 sockets on a RFC, then came to testing, all conductors had no r1,rN,r2. open circuit. after about a half hour checking every point, i suddenly recalled that there should be a socket near one corner of the living room. a quick scan with the bosch metal/cable detector found the missing socket box, plastered in and wallpapered over. hammer and scutch--- there's the back box with the 2 x 2.5mm in. banged in a socket. welcome home end-end resistance.

Good job.

I have just finished filling the chases at my house. I used hard wall as a backing coat and a product called "easy fill" to finish. The "easy fill" sands down so easy and leaves a perfect finish. Now they are painted they are impossible to see.

That's EXACTLY how I do it! I don't even need to fix the cables into the chase, the hard wall holds in in there. AWESOME method.

Reply to Plasterers, who needs them? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock