Discuss Pressure pad in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi been asked to install pressure pad to act as a switch with low voltage lights like decking lights/plinth lights.

Would the alarm ones on the maplin website work also a relay would be needed with a timer

LightwaveRF Inline Relay | NoLinkingToThis

is that a good idea for the relay or.... Any better onones

all advice appreciated but must be switched with pressure pads

Cant view the link so cant comment on the relay. You'd ideally need a latching pressure switch if you were to do this (dont know where you can get them) or else the wiring is going to get silly for simply turning on some decking lights. (Not that it cant be done with a non latching pad)
Whats the matter with a IP rated switch mounted somewhere discreetly?

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/columb...tracking url&gclid=CJeZ4eCYu7MCFWbKtAodMz0AqA

mount one of these on the floor hahaha! Only joking!

Last edited:
It's not for outside use its for along a corridor in a house. So at night instead of putting main lights on pressure pads activate lighting something like plinth lights in floor. I can't find pressure switches anywhere tho. Don't know if they re even made. Can only find ones for alarm use

Ahh riteo mate I get you now. Well you could use the alarm type ones but I think it would start to get expensive and complicated for its use. You'd probably need a 12v supply to the pressure pad, then a 12v to 230v time delay relay (if the plinth lights are 230v). Then you'd need a timeclock or override switch to turn off these plinth lights during the day. Seems OTT, instead of just having a normal light switch.

Yeah it's quite complicated for a job that sounds easy basically stand on a pad and a light comes on

- - - Updated - - -

Suggested must be pressure pad 7 of controlling lights individually when stepped on

Yeah it's quite complicated for a job that sounds easy basically stand on a pad and a light comes on

- - - Updated - - -

Suggested must be pressure pad 7 of controlling lights individually when stepped on
do the lights need to go off when the pressure pad is released or will they be staying on for a set time? And do you mean 7 individual pads for 7 lights or 1 pad for the 7?

Basically 7 pads up a corridor/hall when u step on one pad a light comes on then to the next pad another light comes on.

So seven pads controlling seven lights individually.

Lights can go off when pressure is released from pad.

If I can locate pads up to the job I could use a relay with an over ride switch for turning on at night. Just a bit complicated for my brain as I've only been time served for over a year and in theory it seems an easy job but finding good pads for the job is hard to locate

Basically 7 pads up a corridor/hall when u step on one pad a light comes on then to the next pad another light comes on.

So seven pads controlling seven lights individually.

Lights can go off when pressure is released from pad.

Like M Jackson "Billy Jean" ?

Reply to Pressure pad in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net