Discuss Professional Electrician Magazine in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you read this magazine?

• Yes and it's very informative.

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Yes but it's not that informative.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jay Sparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Just a quick question.

Do you read this magazine and is it helpful or informative? What do you find most helpful?
Do you read/take notice of any of the adverts?

Cheers

Jay

Last edited:
I think it's a brilliant magazine. Articles on updates and interpretations of the regs, new products on the market, the pictures of bodgeups which people send in are always quite entertaining, and the best bit is it's free!
My only complaint would be that I can't always get to the wholesalers to pick up a copy, and they don't seem to like delivering them.

I think it's a brilliant magazine. Articles on updates and interpretations of the regs, new products on the market, the pictures of bodgeups which people send in are always quite entertaining, and the best bit is it's free!
My only complaint would be that I can't always get to the wholesalers to pick up a copy, and they don't seem to like delivering them.

And if they do, it costs around £4.50.

My firm is thinking of advertising in it and I just wanted to see if it was popular with electricians.

I think it's alright, slightly more interesting than the NAPIT mag. A heck of a lot of ads in there, which I largely skip past unless something catches the eye. The bodges page I usually go to first for a laugh (or cry!). If I had to pay for it I wouldn't be willing to pay much! Also I am very sceptical about any reviews of products in it, as I assume they are not at all objective.

And if they do, it costs around £4.50.

My firm is thinking of advertising in it and I just wanted to see if it was popular with electricians.
I'm pretty sure all the wholesalers I've used deliver for free if you've got an account.

I'd say it's popular with dedicated electricians, such as the kind who come on this forum, but there are a lot who just fell into the trade and do the bare minimum during work hours and don't even have enough interest in their trade to pick up a free magazine while they're waiting for their order.

What do your firm do? There doesn't seem like much point in an electrical contracting company advertising their services in a magazine for other electrical contractors.

I'm pretty sure all the wholesalers I've used deliver for free if you've got an account.

I'd say it's popular with dedicated electricians, such as the kind who come on this forum, but there are a lot who just fell into the trade and do the bare minimum during work hours and don't even have enough interest in their trade to pick up a free magazine while they're waiting for their order.

What do your firm do? There doesn't seem like much point in an electrical contracting company advertising their services in a magazine for other electrical contractors.

Electrical apprenticeships.

I like the bodge ups pages. A few times though I've noticed that they've printed a bodge up that isn't really one. It must be the spark that doesn't understand the regulations very well lol. The ones I've noticed are usually the ones that start with "discovered this during an EICR".

I like the bodge ups pages. A few times though I've noticed that they've printed a bodge up that isn't really one. It must be the spark that doesn't understand the regulations very well lol. The ones I've noticed are usually the ones that start with "discovered this during an EICR".
Yeah you do see some weak ones, like someone shocked to see connector blocks above a cieling with no protection or an untidy consumer unit with 6 cables in. Scraping the barrel for the caught on camera page that, I want to see connections in ice cream tubs outside, snakes in consumer unit, consumer unit mounted upside down etc. Ha ha.

This post contains mild humour.
A warning before some moans at my posts for promoting non compliant and bad workmanship.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Reply to Professional Electrician Magazine in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net