Search the forum,

Discuss Qualification Help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

llywelyn111

HI,

I passed my C&G level 3 last May. So I have 2330 level 2, 3 and AM2.

Do I now need to take my 17th C&G 2382? Or is the 17th covered in my 2330 as these were the regs when I began my level 2.

I want to take my 2391, and PV course.

What order do I need to take these courses?

Any info would be appreciated

David

First of all finish off your NVQ, that's the business end of being an electrician completed. I would then progress to the:

2382 17th edition
2391 Inspection and testing
2372 PV

in that order and Boom..... You'll be a highly qualified chappy then.

First of all finish off your NVQ, that's the business end of being an electrician completed. I would then progress to the:

2382 17th edition
2391 Inspection and testing
2372 PV

in that order and Boom..... You'll be a highly qualified chappy then.
]

thanks for the reply. I've totally finished my NVQ, do I need to take the full 2382 17th edition course?

Yeah 17th first and then carry on in the order I stated, Or read up on the courses and find which one will suit your job needs the best, but definitely 17th edition first!

If you have done the NVQ then look at some past papers to get the feel and just take the exam only for 2382; it is open book and easy if you have the background knowledge and know where everything is in the BRB (BGB).
2391 is a bit tougher, closed book and you MUST know GN3 pretty much off by heart and understand the C&G question process. PRobably need the course for this.
Haven't done 2372.

Last edited:
Technically, if you have the latest NVQ 3 /2330 qualification then you have the 2382 as part of your training.
However, It is not often recognized and so doing the 2382 as a top up is advisable.
Having said that even though you are supposed to have covered the latest BS7671 in your initial training you will probably find it very useful to cover the regs as a separate course since much of it will not have been covered in the 2330 strangely enough !
Hope this helps.

Reply to Qualification Help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net