Search the forum,

Discuss School testing. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yup very true, however, some schools never shut, they are open all year, during holidays they have activities going on, admitedly not all the school is occupied it can be the main hall and a few classrooms, I know of several I have maintained for years which vertually never close, when this is the case I find a chat to the site manager or head teacher about limitations and actual testing requirements to suit their needs is the best way forward, it is what I do dave :grin:

testing at night is the way to go then as well

Any schools we've tested get a full test. Every circuit and is always done when it's shut whether it be school holidays or night shifts. If they are asking for limitations are they hiding something? As for the old you can't switch that off shout what happens if there's a power failure in the building?

Any schools we've tested get a full test. Every circuit and is always done when it's shut whether it be school holidays or night shifts. If they are asking for limitations are they hiding something? As for the old you can't switch that off shout what happens if there's a power failure in the building?
Ridiculous, they are the customer, they are employing you, they are asking you to do a test of the premises, if they say they do not want something testing then that should be enough information for you, who the hell do you think you are? the sort of guy who goes into someones house and demands they have a full rewire ? jeez, next post I won't be so friendly.

Not 24-7 no, I didn't say that, but working during the night turning off distribution boards could be awkward with no lighting couldn't it?

No more awkward than it is during the day when the boards are on rooms without any windows.
And battery powered LED floods are so cheap these days I don't see the problem.

I could ask what are you expecting to find, do you crawl over every mm of the installation you are doing an inspection and test on looking for problems that you can code as seems to be the motive these days. I'm assuming when you say 100% test this includes removing every accessory to check the terminals are tight etc.

No more awkward than it is during the day when the boards are on rooms without any windows.
And battery powered LED floods are so cheap these days I don't see the problem.
well I suppose if your prepared to work nights and the school can afford the costs then I agree with you, it still comes down to the customer agreeing potential limitations though Dave, please don't start the numptey behaviour, you are better than that.

Reply to School testing. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net