Discuss security lighting with 2 pirate sensors in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Andrew Chronic

Hi can anyone help I have a security light with built in sensor and want to add another sensor but light only comes on once both sensors have been activated

I know I am not an electrician so was looking for professional advice wired up original light with built in sensor fine as it just has live neutral and earth and thought was easy as adding second pir sensor in circuit between power source and light but now I think about it make sense why only works when both sensors are activated does there need to be a second live from second sensor straight to light missing original sensor any help would be majorly appreciated

Typical reply I would expect from an electrician I'm not stupid ok I'm not qualified but not like I'm rewiring my house just fitting security light not even wiring it into mains just using it on a plug if your not willing to help or provide useful advice don't comment and thanks in advance to any1 that can provide me with useful advice ;)

It needs to be wired like this
2 PIR 1 Lamp.jpg

Reply to security lighting with 2 pirate sensors in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
Electrical2Go - Home Security: Using Floodlights, CCTV, and Door Entry Systems In an era where technology is advancing rapidly, home security has...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
Hi, Some advice would be appreciated… I have 4 downlights in the bathroom and want to add a motion sensor to turn on just one if everything is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, H.N.Y. The passive, affixed to a recently bought LED security light is rubbish, sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't, no matter how...
Replies
Views
Daughter has bought a house and it has a home security system, G-Tag setup. Issue is the alarm panel displays are pixelated and you cant see...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock