Discuss setting up? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

wrighty

-
Arms
Reaction score
hi guys,

This probably gets asked a thousand times over, but myself and 1 of the lads i used to work with have just been laid off. we have decided to try and make a go of it as a partnership. we are thinking about using napit to start out because this seems the easiest route. ideally we would like to be doing commercial projects but are prepared for domestic aswell. I understand we'll need PLI and things. but i was just looking for a few tips on how to bring commercial work in and how to get involved tendering for projects? we used to install alot of firealarms in schools for the company we worked for, and just wondered the best way about to maybe carry this on for ourselves? all feedback will be much appreciated. many thanks

Get on one of those small business advisory courses if you can they are free and cover everything with setting up your own business.

Whatever work you do exceed customer expectations and do a lot of public relations work with them. Nothing beats word of mouth I still advertise but a good proportion of my work now is repeat business or someone has recommended us to them.

We started November last year and now find that we are ticking over nicely. Plenty of room for more work but doing more than we thought we would at the moment.

Good luck

Chris

If you google it that will give you a contact number might be a bit of a wait but worth it. First thing you need to do is draw up a partnership contract just incase things go badly later and you end up splitting but all that sort of thing is covered in the course.0845 600 9 006. computer froze ok now thats the number you need

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to setting up? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net