Discuss Suggestions, Electrical Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

deebz

so im off to college in a minute to sort out some stuff, need to get 2 exams booked and then kind of need to start planning on what i want to do next, i was thinking about doing a HNC in Electrical Engineering part time

Engineering Elec / Electronic HNC, Edexcel Higher National Certificate in Electrical/Electronic Engineering - City of Wolverhampton College Course <-- this one

or thinking maybe engineering

Engineering HNC, Higher National Certificate In Mechanical Engineering - City of Wolverhampton College Course <-- this one

the second one seems to cover cad too which i think i would do really well with as i pickup on software quite easily. its also just something im quite interested in.

so yeah basically just wondering if had any thoughts on what they would go for

also after these 2 exams i need to do for my C&G 2330 Level 3 what would be the next best step

and where possible and i have the money im going to try get a some extras like cscs / ecs (also yet again if anyone has suggestions on some decent card schemes to go for)

Thanks for any help

C&G 2330 or BTEC Advanced/National Diploma.... This gives you the Underpinning Knowledge to build on. (achieved via college or distance learning 18months - 24months is time scale)

You will also Need 17th Edition Wiring Regulations C&G 2382 (if you dont have this you wont get any where in the trade.)

NVQ 3 2356 (its a Craft Certificate that although not needed is very desirable and normally achieved when doing an Apprenticeship but now freely available to "Bolt on" to your current Qualifications via distant learning.

C&G 2391 the ultimate qualification in the electrical world..! Inspection and Testing only to be achieved with considerable site and technical knowledge, closed book exam with a 30-40% pass rate.

C&G 2392 (lesser qualification of the 2391 and aimed at new sparks with little knowledge of inspection and testing, normally used as a starter course to grasp the fundamentals of what's required)

just read this

http://www.electriciansforums.net/electrical-forum-general-electrical-forum/18609-part-p.html

durhamsparky's thread so i guess that answers some of my questions but if someone could help me out on the engineering courses would be appreciated thanks

C&G 2330 or BTEC Advanced/National Diploma.... This gives you the Underpinning Knowledge to build on. (achieved via college or distance learning 18months - 24months is time scale)

You will also Need 17th Edition Wiring Regulations C&G 2382 (if you dont have this you wont get any where in the trade.)

NVQ 3 2356 (its a Craft Certificate that although not needed is very desirable and normally achieved when doing an Apprenticeship but now freely available to "Bolt on" to your current Qualifications via distant learning.

an hnc electrical engineering will give you the underpinning knowledge to supervise and manage people with these qualifications.

Depends on what you want to do mate - Electrician or Engineering?
I'm no expert but I warn you that the Engineering is very theory based and you'll be sitting down all day
doing some very heavy mind destroying Mathematics.
If your young then go for it.Personally,I prefer being a bit more active so I went for the 2330,now just 17th and 2391 to do

ok i went to college to find out about doing the engineering, the guy said i would atleast need to finish my level 3 to get on the course and then when i enroll i would also have to do an extra maths class too.

so then i went to the other college where i did my my 2330 and asked about re-sits for my 2 exams that i need to do. 1 of them was online and 1 of them written but the guy said they had just done some written exams and that i probably wouldnt be able to do it til next year now.

so i've been looking at other options

City & Guilds 2330 Electrotechnical Training Level 3

such as this. a 6 week course for 2330 level 3

is there any other places that will do this because this is like £3000, can't see why the college take so long for re-sits.

i dont mind if its not the full course even if i can just book exams and stuff? i did my full year of level 3 but then i left it and left it to revise then a few days before i tried and just didnt know where to start went in really under prepared.

any ideas / help appreciated thanks

Reply to Suggestions, Electrical Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net