Discuss Supply for garage and a big shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just looking for abit of advice newly qualified spark (only ever done new builds this is my first private job) and I’m doing a job for a neighbour and there’s wanting supply to supply and garage and then the shed supplying aswell and was wondering if I I can get away with just running one supply they’ve got a hot tub only a 13A at the minute but considering upgrading to 32A in the future
and this was going to be my approach and was wondering if this would be ok

40A mcb from the house to garage installing a consumer in the garage
Sockets 16A
Lights 6A
Hot tub 32A
32A shed: then running a 6mm to shed and installing another comsumer in the shed there will be a few lights and sockets and a couple of pumps for the bar area

Any comments and advice will be greatly appreciated seems abit silly posting this thread

well a rough calc on load at shed is 52a plus the loads at man cave. So not too sure about even 50a. How will they keep the man cave warm? is it a wooden man cave?

While various things could add to 50+A I suspect the only major load to worry about is the hot tub, and if folk in the house also have the likes of a 9kW shower and a similar cooker that might be in simultaneous use. Then you may well have a DNO fuse size issue to deal with.

There’s having a couple of gas heaters so there won’t be any heaters on the loads

If these are in the same room as the Hot tub they will find the condensation will be a problem and probably change them for electric heaters down the line, go with a much higher rated RCD than needed, it's not expensive to put in something higher rated than needed, but is to change it later.

If these are in the same room as the Hot tub they will find the condensation will be a problem and probably change them for electric heaters down the line, go with a much higher rated RCD than needed, it's not expensive to put in something higher rated than needed, but is to change it later.
That’s shouldn’t be an issue as the hot tubs in the garden not in the shed ??

Reply to Supply for garage and a big shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net