Discuss Testing with megger 1720 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hutch6447

I need help have done all my training a nd experience with megger 1532 has to change to 1720 and i havent got a clue what any of the loop testing modes actually test in?

Z
Max Z
ZRef
R1+R2

Can anyone just go through them simply i have testing in a few days.

I have a 1720 and as I understand it:

Z: Gives you a Z e/s reading (depending on what you are testing) and this is the setting to select for No Trip. Although I have experienced tripping issues on TT systems with this.

Z Max: Will show you the max Z value of a series of tests you then scroll through the readings (a bit like auto RCS test)

Z Ref: Do your Ze with the this setting. It will remember it then..

R1+R2: continue from above and do your circuit R1+R2. The unit should then show you your highest R1+R2 measurment add it to Z Ref and give you your Zs (calculated by the unit)

To be honest I've only ever used Z and not bothered with the rest but I have got to do some testing soon so will have a play if I have time.

Just when I get on top of my 1553 funny enough Megger decide to change things so is it just me or is the trade ever evolving into utter chaos because we need to meet new "Challenges" what wrong with a bit of stability because after 36 years all I have done is "Strived" to keep up with the changes

ive just ordered the megger dvd100 dvd, heard it goes through all domestic testing with the new meggers, i use a 1730 but keep it mostly on z max for ze and zs. had no problems so far with mine but on low battery it didnt want to take continuity readings...

Reply to Testing with megger 1720 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net