Discuss The dangers of amateurs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Last night I got asked to go to a certain well known racing festival to resolve some issues being had by a certain well known luxury sports car manufacturer in their corporate hospitality lounge / marquee thing, all very last minute.com and a bit of a mission. Not 'normal' sparkying but to do with my events background.

So, off I trot, and three hours drive later my contact there is all of a sweat and a panic; they need more of this that and the other, no more power available out of the genny.... and I've got another 8kW of halogen lights to squeeze in as well. Hmmm....looking around.....no great power hungry things here....even with 7/8kW of catering... go off and find the genny, and as predicted this 100kVA set is being asked for about 3 amps total load (kitchen not on) for a bit of IT and some LED pars. The problem they DID have was a right old mess of cabling and plugging up, so for them 'no power' = 'no more 16A/32A outlets available' - from about 18ways of distro on each phase. Muppets. Hope they don't wire their cars like that!!

Reply to The dangers of amateurs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net