Discuss Tonight’s announcement 23rd march in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

i know all about that. just that if tank had rubbed on road with diesel splilling out, who knows how hot the sparks could get. hot enough, maybe not, but i don't think i want to try the experiment.

Diesel needs to vaporize before ignition takes place. This is done by heating it sufficiently to cause this or create a fine spray which in both cases introduces oxygen to the mix. Unlike petrol which vaporizes at normal temperature which is why it is so volatile diesel is stable under normal conditions. Throw a match into diesel it will put the match out in fact if you can avoid the vapours from petrol it will also put it out as liquids do nor burn due to the absence of oxygen. Lesson over :)
No wonder the Niceic assessor wants to be away within 10 minutes of the assessment ;)

i know all about that. just that if tank had rubbed on road with diesel splilling out, who knows how hot the sparks could get. hot enough, maybe not, but i don't think i want to try the experiment.
High chance with petrol but diesel you would need a unique set of circumstances, vaporization, oxygen and an ignition source.

I think you should... but don't forget to tell us all how it goes... preferably with video/pics.

I think you should... but don't forget to tell us all how it goes... preferably with video/pics.
bad enough i'll be crawling under jacked up van fitting repair. at my age, no problem getting under. it's getting back up that's where i sqirm round like a fish out of water. still, better than watching daytime TV.

Didn’t you call out a professional to fix your car, @telectrix ?

well, I’ll have to take the dog out for a long walk soon. Youngest is having a piano lesson via online, and won’t get on very well with the howling

Refer to the fire triangle which gives the elements for a fire to start. Heat, fuel and oxygen remove any of these you have no fire. This is how fire suppression works, water removes heat and most other methods removes oxygen.

Didn’t you call out a professional to fix your car, @telectrix ?

well, I’ll have to take the dog out for a long walk soon. Youngest is having a piano lesson via online, and won’t get on very well with the howling
phoned the garage that we use. he said to get it there and if they were still open i could leave it there and they'd try and get parts. fat chance of that. leave the van and walk 8 miles back home. then walk 8 miles to collect, that's if they manage to fix it. (mrs.Tel can't drive atm. recovering from surgery on broken kneecap. ).

heat... friction.
fuel ....diesel vapour.
oxygen..... 50mph wind.

could be enough.
[automerge]1585043664[/automerge]
Eight miles can be your daily exercise, about four hours :D
won't take that long. all the pubs on the way are closed.

kitchen power is essential. got to have somewhere to keep the mrs occupied else all those unfinished DIY jobs will be nagged about.

From the BBC News web site;

Businesses that will not need to close include supermarkets, petrol stations, post offices, launderettes, bike shops, pet shops, hardware stores and banks.

Mr Gove said all major construction work should go ahead but jobs carried out at close quarters in someone's home would not be appropriate.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan criticised that approach, saying too many people had been given "key worker" status, including construction workers.’

i can't for the life of me see that buying bikes is essential.

So the Welsh business arm of the Welsh government... "We are launching some webinars with information to help your business in this crisis"... you'd kind of think the first one would be about accessing the financial aid, but no... hey, let's diversify... how diversification can help your business.

What business??? Without financial aid, my business won't exist for very much longer.

Unbelievable... so out of touch with reality it's untrue.

Reply to Tonight’s announcement 23rd march in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net