Discuss Tools Robbed! Liverpool in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electreacle

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have any tools or drills for sale? Had all my kit robbed Saturday early hours 😢 2k worth of kit! Drills, testers, tools, took the whole lot! I’m in Liverpool area.

Sorry to hear you got all your gear robbed , lowest of the low that steal another persons work tools

As LukeD says they will almost always turn up sooner or later on facebook, ebay or at a bootfair so keep a look out

For anyone who does not usually look at tools on Facebook . Try it !! And then look at the other items the seller has . YOu will see a advert for a nice Dewalt drill set .All boxed and looks cheap. Then you go into the sellers profile , This alone starts to show you the types involved etc . And many have 60 + listing for amazing levels of tools . 10-20 Hilti pieces , multiple Chops saw, track saw, all different Trades , FLUKE , Festool etc the lot . facebook are NOT interested

The police really are a joke in this country now. They were set up to prevent crime, now you’re lucky if they even respond to one after the event.

They should be disbanded and a new force set up with the aim of actively preventing crime. Visible presence on the streets and no rainbow kneeler types allowed

The police really are a joke in this country now. They were set up to prevent crime, now you’re lucky if they even respond to one after the event.

They should be disbanded and a new force set up with the aim of actively preventing crime. Visible presence on the streets and no rainbow kneeler types allowed

Having a family member in the force for a few years now has really opened my eyes to what they do. You would be surprised. Don't believe all rubbish that is spread about what they do or don’t do. Some of the stuff they deal with every day is scary.

They can't win really - people want to see coppers walking the beat, but they also want them at crime scenes within minutes. Well they need to be in cars for that to happen.

Obviously there isn't enough of them to visit after every crime unfortunately.

Having a family member in the force for a few years now has really opened my eyes to what they do. You would be surprised. Don't believe all rubbish that is spread about what they do or don’t do. Some of the stuff they deal with every day is scary.

They can't win really - people want to see coppers walking the beat, but they also want them at crime scenes within minutes. Well they need to be in cars for that to happen.

There most certainly are if you are a member of society or party of the "Diversity Squadron" ! .But you are right ,The average cop is on a hiding to nothing .Not just because their system fails them .But also due to the quality of recruits is now at a all time low .

I’ve got close mates in the police and I wouldn’t do what they do. My last post wasn’t a pop at 99% of coppers who are decent people and just as frustrated with the crappy system as we are.

My point stands that the modern way of policing in the country is a total failure.

That video is unbelievable!
No doubt a similar place to where mine have ended up. Twice now I’ve been done
First time the police turned up a week after to take a statement

second time I didn’t even bother to report it

the situation is out of control!

I won’t park my van out of sight of the place I’m working in now

my friend a carpenter got done a month or so back, 11am in Homebase car park in Romford
they use a battery angle grinder an cut an 8in square hole in the side of his van to get in

literally don’t care, 2k just to replace the door, 5k for his tools plus lost work!

Things are bad around were I live. Woe betide anyone with a range rover, bmw, mercedes or audi parked on their front front without any extra security. And my bother in law had his brand new Ford Transit van pinched from a B&Q car park last week. Had to smile though while walking the dog. Like most places I guess builders are busy doing works on folks homes and they have a variety of smart to beaten up vans. One with the latter had a sign on the back door - 'No biscuits are left in this van overnight'.

The trouble is all the thieving scrotes have all had kids who are thieving scrotes etc etc and so it gets worse and worse as time goes on.

And the judges keep giving suspended sentences to them despite them having previous convictions for similar offences. So they are back on the streets to do it again. And thr criminals know this will happen. It's the judicial system that needs reform, and we need less do-gooders. Then when the police arrest people they would end up in prison where they belong.

The problem is a prison sentence now is not perceived to be the deterent it needs to be and is more like a stay at an all inclusive holiday camp while the victim struggles to get back to where they where before the crime was committed against them.
The issue that needs addressing are the laws that give the perpetrator of the crime certain standards and rights that they did not allow the victim, the do gooders have a lot to answer for with their support for the wrong side IMO while the victim is left with little or nothing

John Major brought in a reform that any Foreign national caught for the second time would be repatriated to their home country, trouble is the do gooders out there fought it down as against human right for asylum seekers, not to say that all scrotes are foreign.

The biggest issue we face is the "You know who " are now a "protected race " or some other silly thing. THEY funded to the tune of hundreds of thousands to be "Joined at the hip" with Romanian Gypsies and the courts fell for it . Its their get out of jail card . Another reason we are becoming a "pathetic nation" . I was told that Local Council heads and even Police chiefs have been told there Homes are "known" And these "people "will take matters into their own hands if the council or police "annoy them"

The problem is a prison sentence now is not perceived to be the deterent it needs to be and is more like a stay at an all inclusive holiday camp while the victim struggles to get back to where they where before the crime was committed against them.
The issue that needs addressing are the laws that give the perpetrator of the crime certain standards and rights that they did not allow the victim, the do gooders have a lot to answer for with their support for the wrong side IMO while the victim is left with little or nothing

I don't agree that prison is like a holiday camp, in fact a prison sentence for some families can have a devastating lifelong consequence.

Without know the circumstances of the thief and why they do what they do, then it's difficult to easily find a solution.

To steal a person's tools is just appalling, costing them loads of money and lost work, and effectively threatening their livelihood.
It's a mean crime, as are many of course, but it seems to be on the increase and not much is or can be done about it.
The video posted above by @LukeD is shocking...I didn't realise just how blatant this selling-on had become. I can just understand someone in desperate need pinching a couple of things, but the size of those tool displays shows just how big the business is.
To lighten the tone, here is a pic i took earlier this year in my village:
1666861411053.png

The biggest issue we face is the "You know who " are now a "protected race " or some other silly thing. THEY funded to the tune of hundreds of thousands to be "Joined at the hip" with Romanian Gypsies and the courts fell for it . Its their get out of jail card . Another reason we are becoming a "pathetic nation" . I was told that Local Council heads and even Police chiefs have been told there Homes are "known" And these "people "will take matters into their own hands if the council or police "annoy them"

There are plenty of home grown thieving scum as well.

Reply to Tools Robbed! Liverpool in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net