Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Tools "Screwdrivers & Cutters, Long Nose" in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dipsy

Im looking at buying some new tools
can any one recommend any ?

As im having a trouble which ones are good look as im having a nose on screwfix
Pliers & Cutters CK & Forge Steel & NWS
Screwdrivers Wera Kraftform

if there any others you Recommend feel free to say

thanks

Knipex for cutters etc, Wera screwdrivers or got some facom ones as well. Just lost some stanley fatmax pliers they had a nice feel to them.

dont let your mother buy you some instead of a easter egg?? she came to my house today with rolsen electricians tool kit, which i didnt need from market and she paid 20 lids for them and id say there worth 2 quid . the dude said he was electrician out of work and was good stuff.

theres a nice pair nws 6 in 1 cutters look good, maybe others will say no good and stop me from buying £25 abouts

I managed to get 3 piece set of NWS pliers long noses n snip for a tender when I joined tradepoint so far theyr serving me well
Ck croppers drivers are very much personal preference the Mrs got ne affords set a while ago I couldn't use them the grip didn't sit right for me Gave them to my m8 who loves then

Thanks everyone for your feed back

Iv got a few Stanley fatmax screwdrivers bout time I got some good ones

Will have a nose in Q&B "BnQ" and screwfix tomorrow

I can recommend the Fatmax side cutters, really nice feel to them and there are some bargain brand new ones on ebay atm (£9!!!)
Knipex are class but very expensive and I have used CK 6 in 1, knipex, nws and Fatmax and have to say, best value for money imo is Fatmax 6 1/2 inch.
I'm using CK Dextro drivers atm and very happy with these too, 2 months old and still got all my tips!
Hope this helps.

NWS do some seriously nice Cutters and pliers.
New Knipex or CK are excellent. Felo ergonic VDE 400 drivers are the ferrari of drivers in my opinion. They have a soft grip which molds to your hand shape and are also tapered for long reach,but are like hens teeth.
Irazola are good but tend to bend under high torque in my experience.

All German of course.

wkretaki-dla-elektryka_4.jpg

NWP-49018.jpg

was using some magnusson side cutters think there from Q&B "B&Q" they was cutting screws in half "i know you shouldnt use side cutters for this but the owner of the cutters said do it" They are pretty strong cutters had a look at the cutter and it wasnt damaged the handle is ok on them but they aint all that comfy, but the person who owns them said he likes them...

looked at the NWS for the cutters but i think other half said she was buying me the 6 in 1 lets hope they are cutters and not somethink else lol, ScrewDrivers looked at CK, Wera,

Knipex and Irazola. Knipex all the way till some tealeaf nicked my pliers and long nose pliers. Replaced with a set and drivers from Wickes which seem flimsy in comparison. I miss my Knipex pliers :(

Thanks everyone for your feed back

Iv got a few Stanley fatmax screwdrivers bout time I got some good ones

Will have a nose in Q&B "BnQ" and screwfix tomorrow

Hey Dipsy
If you want a forum friendly quote for tools inbox me, will do my best to help

i like my draper expert pliers but want one of those NWS VDE 6-in-1 cutters has anyone got one ? i dont need one but i want one ! if they are any good i might buy one

I use ck cutters. they are very good until you blow a few holes in em like me. I also had a ck 4.0mm flat screwdriver which lasted so long, then i had to grind it to get it straight again and it was like brand new. Ck i would say very good.

Just bought a Wiha side cutter. Im hoping its as good as the cks

tried a pair of them 6 in 1s before i packed in, i couldnt get used to the at all, ok for the apprentice who was still learning tho, everyone has their own way of doing things i spose.

CK Cable croppers for 16/25mm like butter got an old big pair of god knows what make for up to 50mm over that its a ratchet cutter ( being supplied by boss although he doesnt know this yet)

Reply to Tools "Screwdrivers & Cutters, Long Nose" in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net