Discuss Trunking and conduit grouping factors Cg in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nobelz66

Hi does someone know where to find the grouping factor Cg for cables enclosed in trunking and conduit please also where to find reff method for cbles paced directly into a plastered wall many thanks

First place I would look would be the on site guide.

don't think there's any ref. to cables plastered in walls that aren't thermally insulated. generally go with method C.

Grouping factors are for the number of loaded circuits placed close together and are additional to the installation method factors.
So installation method for cables in conduit and trunking has a specific current carrying capacity and then the grouping factor for the number of circuits is also applied.
As Tel says cable buried direct in plaster is reference method C.

Reply to Trunking and conduit grouping factors Cg in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm obviously still new and learning about what I can and cannot do, but essentially I want to install an EVSE at my own house for an electric...
Replies
Views
Hi All I would appreciate some help with a few questions here regarding cables sizing, I'm using the latest 18th edition, amendment 2. Q1...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Sorry if this is a silly question. I am supporting my mum with some small home renovations, in preparation for a care home. I am...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I don’t really know where to post this, sorry if it’s in the wrong place. After posting a thread about old lead sheathed cable in my...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock