Discuss Validity of 16th Ed 2391 Cert? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I was just wondering there.
I got my 2391 in 2006/2007 shortly before the 17th came in.
The tutor at the time said that there was no need to redo the exam after the 17th came in.

Are 2391 Certs obtained prior to the 17th came in completely valid?

Yes

Test and inspection competence doesn't change,the application of that competence to the current standard may so it would be awareness of the current regs that need continual updating

Exactly as Des56 said, the 2391 currently is a lifetime qualification, a competent and responsible person will keep up with any changes affecting testing.

If you dont subscribe already, join the mailing list for Wiring Matters from the IET, it is a free monthly paper which covers one or two different topics each month and is very informative

Exactly as Des56 said, the 2391 currently is a lifetime qualification, a competent and responsible person will keep up with any changes affecting testing.

If you dont subscribe already, join the mailing list for Wiring Matters from the IET, it is a free monthly paper which covers one or two different topics each month and is very informative

Hi mate
is the wiring matters sent out by post orisit only online mate i have tried a few times to get on the mailing list but still never had a copy
I am already a member of the site

I was just wondering there.
I got my 2391 in 2006/2007 shortly before the 17th came in.
The tutor at the time said that there was no need to redo the exam after the 17th came in.

I hope so, mines from 2001

hi brucelee, it can be downloaded each month but I get get mine mailed to me, there is no reason why you should not be on the mailing list.
I have put the link in which should take you to the correct page on the IET site

Wiring Matters - magazine for electrical installation contractors - IET Electrical

Reply to Validity of 16th Ed 2391 Cert? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net