Discuss Vauxhall combo 1.7 DI in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

If you've got the fault codes (and their meaning) then start from the 1st one. The 2nd, 3rd ,4th etc may have nothing to do with the fault. If 1 sensor isn't working properly (eg. not sending a value to the ecu) then the ecu flags up a fault, other systems on the vehicle also rely on that value for them to trigger, no trigger and the ecu flags up a fault and so it cascades. This is from experience, Landrover wanted just over £1000 to rectify all the faults, so I did it myself. 30 minutes and some scuffed knuckles later no fault lights and it was running perfectly. And all because a wire to a wheel speed sensor had chaffed through.

Injectors??

I had a combo that I had intermittent starting issues with but like you once it was warm it would start every time. A bottle of injector cleaner and I never had that problem again.

The leak off / spill pipes may also be used to prime the fuel system if these are shot then you will struggle to start it

What fault codes are showing? Due to the cascade effect some fault codes are red herrings and can mask what is the actual fault

Hi,These engines have a well documented set of issues,that a quick trawl of the GM forums will enlighten you.

If there is any discrepancy between crank and cam sensors,or even not coded to show,check cam timing.

Chains jump,tensioners fail,and the drive sprockets are locked up by clamp pressure only,no keys

Them old Bedford HA vans never suffered from this...:conehead:

Reply to Vauxhall combo 1.7 DI in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock