Discuss What Next in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sauasage

Hello Guys

New to the site

I am looking for a bit of advice
I am just a common garden variety approved SJIB spark ,I have done the 2391-01-02
Inspection and testing and I have HNC in electrical engineering .My dilemma is do i continue to bend tubing and putting 900 ladder in or do i go to uni and become the real deal rather than the made up sparks that is useless but gets made up cause his mate runs the mob.:drunk:

maybe it's better to be at the top of the dung heap than at the bottom of the beanstalk.

Hello Guys

New to the site

I am looking for a bit of advice
I am just a common garden variety approved SJIB spark ,I have done the 2391-01-02
Inspection and testing and I have HNC in electrical engineering .My dilemma is do i continue to bend tubing and putting 900 ladder in or do i go to uni and become the real deal rather than the made up sparks that is useless but gets made up cause his mate runs the mob.:drunk:

I dont fully understand what it is you are asking, but, why do you undermine yourself? You have a HNC, and arguably the best C&G qualification there is.
If you want to do the uni route that is up to you. You need to ask yourself, "What do i want to do". Just cos you haven't done uni your are not a made up spark or not the real deal. I dont know any sparks who have been to uni. Having a degree is all well and good, but my experience of those who have one, is they are good with the theory, but dont know one end of a screwdriver from another, they know what an EFLI test is, but give them a tester, and they dont have a clue..

Before i get slaughtered, i am not inferring that all university graduates are a waste of space, far from it, but there are some who think that they are gods gift, and above all us mere mortals. And when all said and done it is us mere mortals that have to pick up the pieces and sort out the mess when the penpushers have designed it all wrong.

Cheers..........Howard

PS i am just like Tel, top of the dung heap, and not even on the beanstalk.

the higher you are the further you have to fall!!! there are many people out there in the current climate that are fully qualified sparks and have no work. all the qualifactions in the world does not give experience nor guarantee a high job title. There is nothing wrong with wanting to better yourself go do it, but at the same time dont belittle what you have, when others with years of experience and quals are struggling for work!!!!

Reply to What Next in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net