Discuss Where do these cowboys come from? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The customer said "Should I call him back to put it right?"
I said you should only call him back to give him a slap :fearscream:and would not want this guy touching any electric ever again.
I have given the customer a quote to redo the consumer unit again
considering he put it in then a EICR is in order not a EIC.
your customer needs to speak to local b/c. before work is carried out .

if i had an asset worth 100 grand+ i wouldnt skimp on maintenance, what happens if the house burns down and it turns out the insurance wont cover you because you had a plumber fit a distribution board?

its like the diyer who takes down a light fitting, is confronted with permanent live at fitting, takes it all apart and then tries to put it back together without the faintest idea of what cable does what! and after having made a 2 minute job a 30 minute job calls in an electrician to get the job done for the same price as it would have been to begin with!

if i had an asset worth 100 grand+ i wouldnt skimp on maintenance, what happens if the house burns down and it turns out the insurance wont cover you because you had a plumber fit a distribution board?

its like the diyer who takes down a light fitting, is confronted with permanent live at fitting, takes it all apart and then tries to put it back together without the faintest idea of what cable does what! and after having made a 2 minute job a 30 minute job calls in an electrician to get the job done for the same price as it would have been to begin with!
I generally charge more to fix the lighting ****ups after they have made a mess of it after having a go themselves. It generally takes longer as well, so a justifiable charge.

Have had a few where, for some reason only know to them they have connected the looped live to the earth of the metal light fitting.

I often don't, if the existing 16mm tails are of sufficient length and in good order and the DNO fuse is 60 or even 80 amps I don't see the need. How many domestic installs actually need 25mm tails - especially when the incoming supply is 16mm ?! And 25mm can be a right pain to work with when space is tight....
i swap like for like, old tatty red/black meter tails look grubby on a new board, pop those old tails in the scrap bag

I quite like the old red and black insulated and sheathed tails, the copper seems nicer to work with, more pliable. Give them a wipe over. :)

Westy said "I'd rather be a hammer than a nail."
yes, if I could...if I only could...I surely would...
To date, I seem to be the fekn nail!

Westy said "I'd rather be a hammer than a nail."
yes, if I could...if I only could...I surely would...
To date, I seem to be the fekn nail!

See you Jimmy :D
Jimmy%20Nail%20%20'Auf%20Wiedersehen,%20Pet'%20(1983)%201.3.jpg

I thought the whole purpose of Part P being introduced was ostensibly to put an end to these rogue installs and raise industry standards?

Yeah it was I think but its only notifiable work really so any one can change a light in the living room or so. also how can part p be enforced on a diyer who's working on there own home it can't really unless someone gets hurt from it I suppose then they can but then its already too late

Good video, JK! Clearly illustrates the best way to assess the length of earth sleeving to cut for a particular CPC! I mean, how else would you do that???

Static Zap, a bampot is a fully qualified, all-round, certified and experienced eejit!

An eejit is a fully qualified, all-round, certified...

bampot!

Simple, really!

Reply to Where do these cowboys come from? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net