Discuss Why would an agency job want me to have a public liability insurance for a mates position? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
So Im about to start this agency big industrial job as an mate position but they want me to get a public liability insurance and I found it weird . They said its because im self employed , should I look more into it? This agency its becoming a pain in the --- since they keep asking me for more stuff and not really returning my questions, I texted them half hour ago asking about which one to get but havent got anything back and its becoming really annoying. I got a job offer from other contractor wich I worked for but he offers less money about 30£ a day. What you guys recon, should I stay with the agency or the contractor?

self employed you should have PLI. costs less than £100/year for 2million cover. can be paid monthly. octopus or simply business are 2 possibles.

Reply to Why would an agency job want me to have a public liability insurance for a mates position? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
This drives me round the twist, the client tells you what they want, kind of. you do the work the way the client asks you to and then when its all...
Replies
Views
Posted from another forum "Pretty easy to spot exactly what type of client you're talking too once you've met and dealt with several, and I used...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for abit of help/ advice, no one to really ask in person so thought i would post it up here. im an industrial maintenance...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock