Discuss Will this fail my AM2? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Finished my AM2 the other day, pretty confident with most of it except the testing.

When I done my live polarity, Ze and PFC tests for some odd reason I kept the padlock on the lock off. So whilst doing the tests I had to faff around getting the probes into the terminals as the pad lock was in the way. Thinking the assessor could see that as dangerous?

No idea why I did it like this, think the pressure just go to me. I’m confident I conducted the tests correctly except for this.

Do you think the assessor could fail me for this? Or am I just overthinking

I can't see it being an issue. If it was dangerous I assume they would have stopped you and would have a duty to.

The probes would have been to gn3 so it's not like they would short anything, the terminals should have still been IP2x.

Did you have any other concerns?

I think you get your results 5 days after at 20:00 so not long now!

I can't see it being an issue. If it was dangerous I assume they would have stopped you and would have a duty to.

The probes would have been to gn3 so it's not like they would short anything, the terminals should have still been IP2x.

Did you have any other concerns?

I think you get your results 5 days after at 20:00 so not long now!
Yes he said 5 days, but I believe it’s working days. Bank holiday means I won’t my results until Thursday :(

I finished mine on a Monday and got the results on a Sunday.

Did you find the assessors helpful?
Yes mate assessor was very laid back, my biggest fear was having an assessor who just constantly watches you but this guy just sort of let us do our thing, only really watched me on the testing and even then he watched from a distance.

If I had a question he would point me in the right direction if he was allowed to do so. If I’m honest I didn’t really feel like I was under exam conditions, sort of felt like I was back at college.

Also he said if I fail I can call him and he will tell me what I done wrong which is cool because I know NET are really secretive about feedback. Let’s just hope I don’t need any feedback. Almost ran out of time and had to rush the heating, only had 45 minutes to do it so I could have easily made a mistake on that, we will see

Yes mate assessor was very laid back, my biggest fear was having an assessor who just constantly watches you but this guy just sort of let us do our thing, only really watched me on the testing and even then he watched from a distance.

If I had a question he would point me in the right direction if he was allowed to do so. If I’m honest I didn’t really feel like I was under exam conditions, sort of felt like I was back at college.

Also he said if I fail I can call him and he will tell me what I done wrong which is cool because I know NET are really secretive about feedback. Let’s just hope I don’t need any feedback. Almost ran out of time and had to rush the heating, only had 45 minutes to do it so I could have easily made a mistake on that, we will see
How did you do?

Reply to Will this fail my AM2? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net